My goal is to get a solid result for my client without resorting to litigation. But when that’s not possible, I will take the case as far as the client needs me to – through trial and appeal.
Clarence A. Wilbon advises financial services clients in the Southeast in commercial litigation matters, loan workouts and restructures, as well as disputes involving lender liability, loan practices, fraudulent transfers, breach of contract and fiduciary duty, fraud and misrepresentation, and more. He also represents health care and life sciences companies concerning risk management, product liability, contract disputes, employment, restrictive covenants, and a full range of business disputes. His product liability practice centers on representing pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in state and federal court product liability actions, handling cases involving a variety of products, including medicines and medical devices. Clarence also represents clients in litigation regarding credit collection practices, including alleged violations of the TCPA.
Clarence also advises employers in multiple industries on employment issues and litigation, including representing clients in various state and federal forums and jurisdictions on a variety of issues including restrictive covenants, defamation, wrongful termination, and retaliation.
He has taken cases to trial and verdict, in state and federal court, in bench and jury trials, and in appellate actions before state courts in Tennessee and Kentucky and the Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Circuit Courts of Appeal.
“ In hiring me, my clients get a true professional partner. My aim is to become an extension of their business – to help them achieve the results they want for their business. ”
- University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Arkansas State University, B.A., 1996
- Tennessee Bar
- Kentucky Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Areas of Practice
Best Lawyers® - Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Banking and Finance
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Tennessee Bar Association
Memphis Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
American Bar Association (Banking and Lender Liability Litigation Subcommittee, Co-Chair)
Defense Research Institute
Tennessee Bar Association, Law Leadership, Class of 2008
Memphis Bar Association Leadership Forum, Class of 2006
University of Louisville, Former Adjunct Professor of Law, 2002-2003
Journal of Law and Education, Member
Grace St. Luke’s Episcopal School, Board of Trustees
Germantown Baseball Club, Board of Directors
- Financial Services Litigation – Representing financial institutions and major companies in state and federal cases, including lender liability, loan practices, fraudulent transfers, breach of contract and fiduciary duty, fraud and misrepresentation, mergers and acquisitions, class actions and more.
- Healthcare Disputes – Representing health care and life sciences companies concerning risk management, product liability, contract disputes, labor and employment, restrictive covenants, mergers and acquisitions, and the full range of business disputes.
- Products Liability and Torts – Representing pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in various state and federal court product liability actions, handling cases involving a variety of products, including medicines and medical devices.
- Employment Litigation – Counseling and representing clients in various state and federal forums and jurisdictions on a variety of issues including restrictive covenants, race, gender, age and disability discrimination; sexual harassment; defamation; wrongful termination; and retaliation.