I always strive to be brief and clear in my communications. People seem to appreciate my direct approach, whether I’m discussing a matter with a client or presenting a case in front of a judge or jury. When I appear before an appellate panel, I’m not the kind of advocate who has to race the red light that tells me when my speaking time is up, nor do I take 20 pages to convey an argument when 10 or 12 will work just as well.
Donald Mihokovich primarily represents businesses in civil litigation and appeals. With over 30 years of experience in all phases of the litigation process, including both federal and state trials, appeals, mediations and arbitrations, he handles matters involving complex business, products liability, intellectual property, trade secrets, real estate, and insurance disputes. His keen interest in and passion for appellate work have made him a go-to attorney for clients whose cases end up in appeal.
As an American History major, genealogy enthusiast, and member of Mensa, Don’s intellectual curiosity supplements the experience and skills he brings to his clients’ matters.
Don serves as Claims Counsel to the firm.
“ Most lawyers can use an arsenal of five syllable words without saying a lot, but smaller words usually make stronger arguments. ”
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Bowling Green State University, B.A., 1987
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Areas of Practice
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Rated Lawyer in Alternative Dispute Resolution, ALM
- Best Lawyers® - Commercial Litigation
- Tampa Bay's Top Lawyers - Tampa Bay Magazine
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Golden Key National Honor Society
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Mensa, the High IQ Society
- Bowling Green State University Alumni Association
- The Florida Bar News / Journal Editorial Board
- The Florida Bar, Thirteenth Circuit Grievance Committee "B"
- Upper Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce