My passion is helping clients navigate the ever-changing regulatory environment as it relates to the alcohol and hospitality industries. In doing so, I aim to make their dreams become realities.
Jan Margaret Craig focuses her practice at the intersection of business and government, where she represents local and national clients across each tier of the alcoholic beverage industry, including manufacturing, distribution, and retail sales.
Jan Margaret counsels distilleries, wineries, breweries, and importers on federal and state rules and regulations related to advertising, marketing, and the sale of alcoholic beverages. She works closely with alcohol manufacturers and distributors on transactional and licensing matters, self-distribution approvals, and other compliance issues.
With an emphasis on both the alcohol and hospitality industries, Jan Margaret also has extensive experience advising restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, entertainment venues, resorts, and airport-based retailers on regulatory compliance and licensing matters. Her experience includes drafting legislation, rules, and regulations that are focused on the manufacture, distribution, or sale of alcoholic beverages.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- Vanderbilt University, B.S., 2009
- Nashville Bar Association, Board Member
- Lawyers Association for Women, Program Committee Member, Young Lawyers Division
- Vanderbilt University 10-Year Reunion, Social Media Chair, 2019
- Lawyers for Littles, Co-Chair, 2018
Areas of Practice
- Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division President’s Award, 2021
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Lawyers Association for Women, Marion Griffin Chapter