I believe that meeting the legal and business needs of our clients is truly a cooperative effort. When we all contribute our talents and work in tandem we can overcome obstacles and achieve a high level of client service.
In his litigation practice, Kyle Potts counsels clients on the many issues that surface in insurance defense matters including premises liability and other casualty claims. The spectrum of his practice has ranged from representing corporations in multi-district litigation relating to pharmaceutical and product liability claims to defending trucking companies in property and personal injury matters.
With ample experience handling nautical disputes and offshore matters, Kyle leads the firm’s Maritime Team and litigates claims under the General Maritime Law and Jones Act. Many of these claims involve personal injury and/or property damage that stem from incidents on vessels and platforms, including vessel collisions and allisions. He also offers counsel on conflicts connected to vessel seizures and claims arising on the Outer Continental Shelf, and has also represented clients in US Coast Guard investigations. Kyle is a regular speaker at IRMI’s Energy Risk and Insurance Conference.
Kyle frequently assists pro bono clients with intra-family adoptions and participates regularly in the firm’s HUGS program.
“ The team approach we implement at Adams and Reese, working in collaboration with our clients, has been very effective in meeting their needs throughout our regional footprint. ”
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 1999
- University of Texas at Arlington, B.A., 1996
Areas of Practice
- Certified Medicare Secondary Payer (CMSP) Certification by the Louisiana Association of Self Insured Employers (LASIE)
- Louisiana Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) General Litigation 2012-2014
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter Board Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Thomas More Inn of Court
- Jefferson Performing Arts Society, Board of Directors