We are “Yes, if…” not “No, because…” lawyers. If a client has a challenging objective, we don’t reflexively respond with “No, because… .” We attempt to say: “Yes, if… ” and then explain the steps we need to take to reach the goal. If certain things can be accomplished, we will do them as efficiently and effectively as we can to meet the client’s needs. That’s the style and mindset we embrace.
Lee Reid counsels clients in education, economic development
In his economic development capacity, Lee serves organizations involved in public-private partnerships. As
As a former Special Assistant to the General Counsel for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration during the investigation into the Columbia shuttle disaster, Lee leverages his familiarity with NASA to help clients navigate the agency’s governmental policies and regulations.
Lee and his team not only thoroughly know the laws and regulations that impact clients, but also understand the practical and political implications in the environment in which they work. Whether they’re collaborating on a project with multiple parties or helping clients push through the maze of regulatory processes, the attorneys always consider the political and business ramifications for the companies and the political consequences for the governmental organizations. They know how to make all the components mesh to help clients achieve their goals.
In keeping with the firm’s deep commitment to community service and pro bono work, Lee regularly puts his experience in economic development and government to good use by contributing his time and insight to several community organizations.
“ My passion for serving others drew me to join Adams and Reese, which encourages its lawyers and staff to participate in community activities and pro bono work. ”
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 1999
- Loyola University, B.A., 1996
Areas of Practice
- Benchmark Litigation - Future Star, 2023, 2024
- Leadership in Law - New Orleans CityBusiness, 2015
- Good Apple Award - Louisiana Appleseed, 2015
- Silver Snoopy - NASA Astronaut's Personal Achievement Award, 2003
- Power Generation - New Orleans CityBusiness, 2004
- Best Lawyers® - Economic Development Law
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Young Leadership Council, Past President
- St. Thomas More Inn of Court Legal Society
- New Orleans Public Library, Past President, Board of Directors
- New Orleans Chamber of Commerce
- Partners for Stennis, Past Member, Board of Directors
- Infinity Science Center, Board of Directors
- The Arts Council of New Orleans, Commissioner
- Reconcile New Orleans, Inc., Board of Directors