I help clients who are working through difficult financial transitions. It gives me great satisfaction to bring top-notch legal skills, experience and professionalism to guide them through challenging often complex situations. My performance consistently helps get clients to the other side with the optimum outcome.
Lisa Hedrick serves on the firm's Commercial Restructuring and Bankruptcy team, handling general corporate and commercial litigation, as well as bankruptcy matters.
Lisa counsels clients in all aspects of Chapter 11 proceedings and adversary proceedings, including debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, landlords’ and creditors’ committees. She advises real estate developers in bankruptcy matters and provides assistance with maintaining property subject to foreclosure actions. Additionally, Lisa helps Chapter 11 debtors and creditors navigate complex oil and gas bankruptcy cases and represents petitioning creditors in contested involuntary bankruptcy proceedings.
On the commercial litigation side of her practice, Lisa advises banks, condominium associations, landlords, lenders, oil and gas companies, small and large businesses and both asset sellers and purchasers in sales and related disputes. Lisa also represents business claimants in the Deepwater Horizon class action settlement.
Lisa handles negotiation and preparation of disclosure statements, plans of reorganization, cash collateral motions and orders, debtor-in-possession financing motions and orders, asset sales, lift stay motions, voidable preference and fraudulent conveyance litigation, oil and gas issues, executory contract and unexpired lease issues, contract disputes and other matters.
Lisa has written books about commercial bankruptcy and distressed businesses, including co-authoring Strategic Alternatives For and Against Distressed Businesses (2018 ed.), one of Thomson West’s best sellers. She is active in professional organizations, including Turnaround Management Association – Louisiana, for which she serves as President. Lisa was the founding chair of Turnaround Management Association – Louisiana’s NextGen chapter. Lisa is also involved in the International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation of Louisiana, for which she serves as a member of the board.
In her pro bono work, Lisa has represented indigent children and adults with mental illness. She co-authored the Louisiana Appleseed handbook for practitioners representing clients with mental health issues and other mental disabilities. Lisa also oversees the firm’s participation in fundraising events for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, which fights breast cancer and raises awareness of the issue
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 1999
- Tulane University, B.A., 1996
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Leadership Jefferson, Class of 2012
- Louisiana Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights 2012-2014
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Consumer Protection/Bankruptcy Law Section
- New Orleans Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) - Louisiana Network, Board Co-Chair
- Turnaround Management Association - Louisiana, Board Member
- Turnaround Management Association – Louisiana’s NextGen chapter, Founding Co-Chair
- Tulane Law Alumni Association
- Phi Beta Kappa - Tulane University
- Susan G. Komen Foundation, HUGS Coordinator
- Newcomb Town Mom Program, Tulane University