Throughout my long legal career, I have taken the lead trial counsel role in more than 50 of 75 jury trials. I represent clients in civil trials and business conflicts, with a practice focused on diverse and complex commercial litigation
Bob Gill counsels both government agencies and property owners in contract and eminent domain disputes, environmental and hazardous waste issues, public utility acquisition and rate matters and mobile home park regulatory concerns.
Clients embroiled in lien foreclosure and lien priority litigation and commercial and securities fraud cases turn to Bob to advocate for them in these matters, as well as on title insurance coverage issues and breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract matters. He also helps clients navigate the many complex issues that arise in large real estate-related matters, such as litigation involving the acquisition of more than 5,000 parcels for a local government community redevelopment project.
Bob has been recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer® for many consecutive years and has Florida Bar Board Certifications as a Civil Trial Lawyer and Business Litigator.
- Illinois Institute of Technology / Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1974
- Northwestern University, B.B.A., 1971
- Florida Bar
- Illinois Bar
Areas of Practice
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers' Commercial Litigation Section
- All Faiths Food Bank
- Eminent Domain Committee of The Florida Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Sarasota County American Inn of Court, Master Member
- 3Sarasota YMCA Board
- Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar