Adams and Reese attorneys advise a variety of real estate clients – investors, portfolio managers, developers, lenders, and more – on real estate transactions and litigation throughout the United States. Our lawyers are recognized with a national ranking in Litigation – Real Estate in U.S. News – Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" ranking (2019, U.S News & World Report and Best Lawyers® (by BL Rankings, LLC)) for their work resolving real estate disputes for local, regional, national and multinational companies as well as for advice on litigation prevention and negotiating and closing real estate transactions.
We advise on a full range of real estate matters, including sales and acquisitions, management and operation of real estate properties, property development and construction, and commercial leasing.
- Multi-family housing – We represented a major multi-family housing developer in the acquisition of a 97-acre tract of land and the development of it, over a period of four years, into a 496-until multi-family housing development. The project was constructed in multiple phases and is comprised of a residential subdivision, a major retail site, and a public park.
- Manufactured housing – Advising national and local developers, owners and investors on the acquisition and disposition of manufactured housing as well as tax structuring, regulatory requirements, administrative matters, dispute resolution, governmental compliance, zoning and operational issues. We were outside general counsel for one of the nation’s largest residential construction lenders for their national manufactured housing lending program, which fostered 51 mobile home developments in more than 14 states closing nearly $400 million in construction loans and related credit facilities. We have also converted investor-owned land-lease communities to resident-owned communities and vice versa.
- Timberland acquisitions and sales – We have represented purchasers and sellers of timberlands in the United States, Europe, and Latin America, including the buyer of more than 400,000 acres of timberland in Mississippi, Louisiana, and Tennessee.
- Portfolio representation – We represent of a variety of regional and national owners, tenants and other users in the acquisition, disposition, leasing and management of their commercial real estate portfolio across their business footprints. We represent a well-known financial institution with the acquisition, leasing and development of de novo branch banking facilities across its fifteen (15)-state footprint.
- Graceland – the home of Elvis Presley – Negotiating with public and private entities, we put together a package of economic development incentives that made it possible to renovate and update the real estate complex containing the Presley home with a 450-room hotel and more than 200,000 square feet of entertainment, exhibit and retail space. Additional phases are expected to develop the property even more in the next few years. The project has transformed the Graceland property with a view to expanding the number of visitors able to enjoy the Presley home, museum and entertainment center for generations to come.
Adams and Reese real estate lawyers represent buyers, sellers, owners, developers, leaseholders, lenders, municipalities and other political subdivisions and public utilities in real estate management, transactions and litigation. Our clients recognize that we can do just as good a job managing their national portfolios of real estate – acquisitions, sales, leasing, development and construction – as national firms, at highly competitive rates.
We are a regional firm that handles national real estate portfolio management, real estate finance, and litigation, and we bring industry-leading client service to every engagement. – Matt Hill, Real Estate Team Leader
- Agricultural properties
- Commercial development
- Commercial leasing
- Condominium owners’ associations
- Construction law and financing
- Entertainment and sports facilities
- Homeowners’ associations
- Hospitality and resorts
- Medical facilities
- Mixed-use developments
- Office buildings
- Other real estate assets
- Retail centers
- Sale-leaseback transactions
- Senior housing
- Tax-free exchanges and donations
- Zoning and land use issues