Team of experienced trial lawyers join as part of firm's broader U.S. expansion
Adams and Reese is growing its Houston presence with the addition of five lawyers who have substantial trial experience throughout the region, the law firm reported today. Staton Childers, Brianne Richardson, Benjamin Miller, Amanda Sanders and John Kovach have joined the firm’s regional Litigation Team. The Houston expansion comes on the heels of Adams and Reese's recent announcement of new offices in Atlanta, Georgia, and South Florida.
A leading law firm for the energy, financial services and insurance industries, Adams and Reese is consistently listed among the nation's top 200 law firms.
Led by Staton Childers, the newest members of Adams and Reese's Litigation Team work with Fortune 100 companies and others in the oil and gas, petrochemical, energy and construction industries in Texas and across the nation. The group represents companies on commercial disputes, construction litigation, contract disputes, products liability, personal injury, and appellate law issues. All five lawyers were previously members of LeClairRyan.
“Joining Adams and Reese makes sense for my team and our clients, whose legal needs extend beyond Texas and into the southern United States,” said Staton Childers. “It’s a perfect fit.”
“I have known Staton for more than two decades, and I have deep respect and appreciation for his trial skills and knowledge of the law,” said Leslie Henry, a partner in Adams and Reese's Houston office. "Our new colleagues will be a tremendous asset to clients who operate in Texas, Louisiana and other markets in our footprint.”
“We're continuing to build a stronger and more collaborative firm with deeper resources, which ultimately benefits all of our clients,” said Ray Ferrera, Partner in Charge of the firm’s Houston office. “Our strong financials over the past few years allow us to make strategic investments to serve our clients, whether they're in Houston, Atlanta, South Florida and or other parts of the U.S.”
More on the newest Litigation Team members:
- Staton M. Childers has joined the firm as a Partner. Childers is a trial lawyer serving clients in the oil and gas, energy and petrochemical industries throughout Texas. He works with companies to address their legal needs, from developing defense strategies to creating proactive solutions that help prevent future litigation. Childers serves on the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Legal Advisory Committee and on the Advisory Board for Bo’s Place, a nonprofit bereavement center. He earned his J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center, and received his B.S. magna cum laude from Texas A&M University.
- Benjamin C. Miller has joined the firm as Special Counsel. Miller is a trial lawyer with a practice focused on personal injury litigation, products liability litigation, premises liability litigation, construction litigation, and commercial and general civil litigation. He earned his J.D. from South Texas College of Law, his M.A. from John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York and his B.A. from Southwestern University.
- Brianne W. Richardson has joined the firm as Special Counsel. Richardson is an appellate and trial lawyer with a primary focus on appellate practice and oil/gas litigation. She has represented clients in the Texas Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and in appellate courts across Texas. Brianne is a member of the Women’s Energy Network. Richardson earned her J.D. cum laude from South Texas College of Law and earned her B.B.A. cum laude from Texas A&M University.
- Amanda L. Sanders has joined the firm as Special Counsel. Sanders is a seasoned litigation attorney with first and second chair trial experience in Texas state and federal courts. She focuses on premises liability, products liability, negligence, catastrophic injury and wrongful death, construction litigation, contract and commercial disputes. Sanders earned a J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law, and a B.A. cum laude from the University of Florida.
- John T. Kovach joined the firm as an Associate. Kovach defends businesses and individuals in commercial disputes involving business separations and contractual disputes, as well as professional liability, personal injury, general negligence and premises liability claims. He works with clients across a number of industries including commercial trucking and transportation, construction, oil and gas, restaurant and food services. Kovach is certified to serve as an attorney and guardian ad litem and handles matters involving estate planning; independent administration cases of intestate estates; and incapacitated minors. He earned a J.D. cum laude from South Texas College of Law, and a B.S. cum laude from Texas A&M University.
About Adams and Reese LLP
Adams and Reese is a multidisciplinary law firm with approximately 300 attorneys and advisors in 18 offices across the southern United States and in Washington, D.C. The firm is best known for its litigation, transactional and public policy work in the energy/natural resources, financial services, and insurance sectors. Adams and Reese is a member of AdvanceLaw and part of the State Capital Group. The firm is among those listed in The American Lawyer's Am Law 200, and is among the top 200 in The National Law Journal's NLJ500.