Twenty-three Adams and Reese attorneys were named 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers® and another eight claimed 2017 Mid-South Rising Star® recognition for their high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
The Mid-South Region includes the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee. Only five percent of attorneys attain Mid-South Super Lawyer status and only two and a half percent earn Rising Star recognition. Attorneys selected as Rising Stars must be younger than 40 and have less than 10 years of practice experience.
Highlighting the Adams and Reese Super Lawyers® are 10-year honorees Richard P. Carmody (Bankruptcy: Business) and Stephen A. Rowe (Business Litigation) of the Birmingham office, along with Cannon F. Allen (Class Action) of the Memphis location. The trio were three of nine to celebrate at least 10 years on the listing as James B. McLaren, Jr., (Real Estate) and Lucian T. Pera (Business Litigation) of Memphis, Philip M. Kirkpatrick (Intellectual Property Litigation) of Nashville, Linda Edell Howard (Entertainment & Sports) of Nashville-Music Row and Holmes S. Adams (Estate & Probate) of Jackson reached the 12-year mark while Lynn Morrow (Entertainment & Sports) of Nashville-Music Row hit the 11-year plateau.
Twenty-two of the firm attorneys recognized as Super Lawyers® were repeat honorees while Donna L. Boyce (Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense) of the Memphis office garnered the first such distinction of her career.
All nine of the Adams and Reese Rising Star® selections were repeat honorees, including Jay Campbell (Mergers & Acquisitions) of Memphis and April D. Smith (Business/Corporate) of Mobile who garnered the distinction for the seventh time each.
Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters service, publishes a listing of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. According to Super Lawyers®, the annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area.
The result is a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys. The Super Lawyers® lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers regional magazines and in leading city and regional magazines and newspapers across the country.
2017 MID-SOUTH SUPER LAWYERS
• Richard P. Carmody (Bankruptcy: Business)
• Robert Eckinger (Business Litigation)
• M. Ann Huckstep (Health Care)
• Charles C. Pinckney (Banking)
• Stephen A. Rowe (Business Litigation)
• Holmes S. Adams (Estate & Probate)
• William C. Brabec (Business Litigation)
• C. Phillip Buffington, Jr. (Banking)
• Elizabeth Lee Maron (Employment & Labor)
• Jeff Trotter (Energy & Resources)
• Charles R. “Chip” Wilbanks, Jr. (Class Action)
• Cannon F. Allen, Sr. (Class Action)
• Donna L. Boyce (Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense)
• James B. McLaren, Jr. (Real Estate)
• Mark S. Norris, Sr. (Business Litigation)
• Lucian T. Pera (Business Litigation)
• Henry C. Shelton, III (Bankruptcy: Business)
Nashville , Tenn.
• F. Laurens “Larry” Brock (Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense)
• Philip M. Kirkpatrick (Intellectual Property Litigation)
• Thomas Anthony Swafford (Employment & Labor)
• Guilford F. “Gif” Thornton, Jr. (Government Relations)
• Linda Edell Howard (Entertainment & Sports)
• Lynn Morrow (Entertainment & Sports)
2017 MID-SOUTH RISING STARS
• Aaron G. McLeod (Civil Litigation: Defense)
• Russell J. Rutherford (General Litigation)
• Matthew R. Dowd (General Litigation)
• M. Scott Jones (Business Litigation)
• G. Austin Stewart (Civil Litigation: Defense)
• Jay Campbell (Mergers & Acquisitions)
• Andrew B. Freeman (Mergers & Acquisitions)
• April D. Smith (Business/Corporation)