I have had the opportunity to work with clients who come from a variety of backgrounds, and I enjoy helping them to resolve disputes that have a real impact on their lives.
Angela Grewal focuses her practice on bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, and commercial and business litigation. She represents banks and financial institutions, commercial landlords, leasing entities, floorplan lenders and other creditors in bankruptcy cases. Angela has litigated adequate protection, assumption and assignment of executory contracts, true lease objections, objections to disclosure statements and proposed plans of reorganization, preference and fraudulent transfer avoidance adversary actions, and discharge and dischargeability complaints. She has represented creditors serving on creditors’ committees, and represented Chapter 11 debtors through Chapter 11 plan confirmation. Additionally, Angela represents companies and businesses in litigation, including commercial foreclosure actions. She also represents landlords, management companies, property owners, and trucking companies in defending against personal injury claims.
Angela served as a judicial extern for The Honorable Sandra S. Beckwith, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. While in law school, Angela was elected into The Order of the Coif, a national law school honor society open to students whose academic average for all six semesters in law school ranks in the first tenth of the graduating class.
- What's Happening in Our Legal Practices Due to COVID-19, Association of Corporate Counsel North Florida Virtual Presentation, Sept. 24, 2020
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2012, summa cum laude
- Xavier University, B.A., 2009, magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Angela is a Delores Barr Weaver Fellow with the Women’s Giving Alliance of Jacksonville (“WGA”), an organization of women that pool their philanthropic giving to distribute grants to organizations affecting the lives of women and girls in Northeast Florida. She sits on the WGA’s Advocacy Committee, focusing on advocating for policies that improve the lives of women and girls in Northeast Florida. While in law school, she served as a fellow for The Ohio Innocence Project, researching and drafting motions for post-conviction relief and motions for a new trial based on newly discovered evidence or potential DNA testing on behalf of convicted felons who maintain actual innocence.
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Ones To Watch - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association, Board Member
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Women’s Giving Alliance