A tailored approach and excellent client service are the hallmarks of my practice. Before I start each assignment, I take great pride in understanding the unique needs of my clients and the legal challenges they face. Whether I’m representing large multi-national companies or helping independent music artists negotiate their record deals, my passion is to accomplish client objectives with transparency, attention to detail, and hard work.
Austin Evans is an Associate in the Adams and Reese Litigation Practice Group with experience in civil litigation that includes governmental tort law, employment law, real estate, insurance, construction, and global trade, transportation and logistics.
Practicing in the heart of the music and entertainment industry, Austin also advises individuals and businesses throughout Nashville’s music scene, including song writers, recording artists, music producers, artist managers, and music marketing and licensing companies, among others, to ensure that their interests are protected.
Austin’s additional representative experience includes:
- Litigating cases involving diverse areas of law including civil rights, such as wrongful seizure/arrest and excessive force claims, employment matters, such as discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower, and EEOC claims, real estate disputes, consumer protection, business partner disputes, tax fraud, defamation, music contract disputes, construction defect, debt actions, premises liability, and personal injury.
- Defending realtors and brokerages in state licensure actions and professional association complaints.
- Advising music business start-ups in areas of entity formation, fundraising, intellectual property, workforce considerations, and contracts.
Austin earned his J.D. from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University where he was a two-year member of Cumberland’s nationally-ranked trial team. The experience honed his skill for advocacy both in and out of the courtroom. Prior to attending law school, Austin received his bachelor of science in business administration from Auburn University.
- Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, J.D., 2017
- Auburn University, B.S., 2014
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Areas of Practice
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association