The most satisfying aspect of my practice is my ability to deliver practical legal solutions to my banking clients, based not only on the applicable law, but also on a working knowledge of bank operations, the practical realities faced by bankers and the actual risks at stake.
Charles Parrott has 40 years of banking law experience. He advises clients in the areas of commercial lending, credit policy and procedures, consumer finance, fair lending, credit scoring, real estate lending, title insurance underwriting, deposit issues, bank regulation, consumer compliance, vendor contracts, corporate law, insurance and expert testimony.
For 20 years, Charles was Assistant General Counsel and Senior Vice President for the former Deposit Guaranty Corporation/Deposit Guaranty National Bank in Jackson (now Regions Bank). This significant in-house banking experience combined with his legal experience gives Charles a unique understanding of bank operations, culture and emerging issues. In addition, he is a trained mediator and has taught banking law through the Mississippi College School of Law.
- University of Mississippi, J.D., 1978
- Delta State College, B.S., 1974
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Corporate/Commercial, Banking and Finance - Chambers USA
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year - Jackson Banking and Finance Law, 2019, 2021, 2022
- Best Lawyers® - Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Litigation - Real Estate
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year - Jackson Financial Services Regulation Law, 2017
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year - Jackson Litigation – Real Estate, 2016
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Banking and Real Estate 2007-2009, 2012-2016
- Adjunct Professor - Mississippi College School of Law
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Bankers Association, Past Chairman of the Bank Attorneys' Committee
- Stewpot Community Services, Chairman, Board Member
- Jackson Downtown Kiwanis Club - Past Board Member
- Jackson Speech and Hearing Clinic - Past Board Member
- Becoming a charter member of the Regions Bank Client Service Team, taking over as Team Leader on behalf of Adams and Reese in 2009
- Providing federal compliance counsel and Mississippi compliance counsel for GulfPak Corporation until its merger with Wolters Kluwer Financial Services, Inc., and continued representation for Wolters Kluwer on a variety of matters
- Serving as past Chairman of the Mississippi Bankers Association Bank Attorneys' Committee