My civil engineering and petroleum industry background gives me keen insight into the business needs of our oil and energy clients. When they encounter challenges, I draw upon that background and my decades of experience in the legal arena to address the issues with sharp analysis and calm resolve.
Glen Pilié is ranked Senior Statesman in Environment: Litigation in Louisiana by Chambers USA.
Helping to build the firm’s environmental and toxic tort litigation practice over several years, Glen Pilié leads a team in all of the firm's legal representation of a major oil producer. He also coordinates a large oil company’s docket of litigation relating to naturally occurring radioactive materials (NORM).
Glen handles oil industry mass tort cases and served as common counsel for a group of companies regarding Superfund sites. He also represented clients in various EPA or state-led remediation, complex PSD air permitting and waste disposal site matters.
In governmental matters, Glen worked with the Alabama Department of Environmental Management and other state agencies on varied permitting and compliance issues for oil and gas companies and a major chemical complex.
Glen is the lead of a multi-faceted trial team focusing on complex litigation related to damage claims resulting from NORM in oil and gas operations. Before starting his legal career, he worked as an environmental/regulatory engineer for a major oil company.
Additionally, Glen served on the Board of Directors of the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board and the Housing Authority of New Orleans.
“ I admire people who are able to find peace and stability in the face of adversity and are able to instill that spirit in others who are in need. ”
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 1982
- University of New Orleans, M.S., 1977
- University of Southwestern Louisiana, B.S.C.E., 1973
Areas of Practice
- Chambers USA - Recognized Practitioner in Environment: Litigation: Louisiana, 2013-2023
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers® - Litigation - Environmental
- Louisiana Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Litigation - Environmental 2008-2019
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Louisiana Society of Professional Engineers
- Mid Continent Oil and Gas Association
- New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board
- Housing Authority of New Orleans, Board Member