In the world of M&A and finance, there are people who take a form off the shelf and allow it to dictate how the deal will go. That is not us. We tailor solutions to the client’s need rather than forcing them into a box. We do not waste time arguing about issues our clients do not care about, and we work to make sure the deal fits their goals.
Jay Campbell advises middle-market U.S., Canadian, and European companies with the acquisition and disposition of operating and financial assets. He represents clients in middle-market mergers and acquisitions and middle-market corporate finance, including corporate lending and corporate equity formation. He also advises clients on private equity offerings, equity recapitalizations, and other capital formation techniques. Jay represents both borrowers and lenders with lending transactions, including club deals, syndicated loans and other complex lending transactions.
In addition, he represents clients in public-private partnership transactions, including a variety of public incentive financing transactions.
Jay is Partner in Charge of the firm’s Memphis office. Jay also serves on the Boards of Directors of Case Management, Inc., a nonprofit corporation that provide behavioral health services to underprivileged Tennessee citizens, and the Tennessee chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth.
Jay earned his J.D. from Vanderbilt University School of Law. Prior to attending law school, Jay earned a Bachelors of Business Administration degree and a Masters of Science in Information Systems Technology from George Washington University and worked as an application developer for SwissFone, Inc., a former subsidiary of the Swisscom group. While at George Washington University, Jay had the opportunity to study at the Insitut des Etudes Politiques de Paris (Science Po) in Paris, France.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- George Washington University, M.S.
- George Washington University, B.B.A.
Areas of Practice
- Mid-South Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Mergers and Acquisitions, Securities and Corporate Finance 2011-2019
- Leadership Memphis Executive Class of 2014
- Best Lawyers® - Corporate Law
- Memphis Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40, 2019
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth, Tennessee Board Member
Acquisitions and Dispositions:
- Regularly represents a Fortune 1000 company in its middle market acquisitions (business and consumer services)
- Represented a foreign purchaser in US aspects of $500 million strategic product line acquisition (consumer products)
- Represented purchaser in $93 million operating asset acquisition (forestry industry)
- Represented purchaser in $120 million strategic acquisition through reverse triangular merger (biotech and household cleaning industry)
- Represented seller in $67 million disposition of operating assets (food services industry)
- Represented purchaser in $19 million strategic product line acquisition (household cleaning industry)
- Represented purchaser in $6.4 million strategic acquisition of product line (chemical industry)
- Represented purchaser in $6 million cross-border equity acquisition (specialty manufacturing industry)
- Represented purchaser in $6 million strategic equity acquisition (household cleaning industry)
- Represented foreign purchaser in $9 million acquisition of early-stage tech enabled service company (entertainment industry)
- Represented borrower in $125 million private
equity led, tax incentive supported lending facilities (entertainment and tourism industry)
- Represented borrower in US aspects of $200 million multinational lending facility (mining industry)
- Represented borrower in $127.5 million senior secured corporate note offering (energy industry)
- Represented lender in $109 million senior project finance facility (specialty manufacturing)
- Represented borrower in procuring $140 million syndicated lending facility (biotech and household product industry)
- Represented borrower in $90 million syndicated lending credit facility (biotech and household cleaning industry)
- Represented borrower in $40 million public debt offering (elder care industry)
- Represented issuer in $20 public debt offering for financing of baseball stadium (sport industry
- Represented lender on creation of a $45 million term and revolving lending facility (specialty manufacturing industry)
- Represented lender on $8 million lending facility (healthcare industry)
- Representing borrower on series of industrial development bond issues totaling $140 million (healthcare industry)