I pride myself on addressing clients’ concerns and issues promptly. I’ve always been a stickler for responsiveness. I treat my client’s problem as my problem, and I expect other lawyers who work with me to do the same. Our clients pay a premium for our services and they deserve first-class service and work product.
John T. Rogerson III advises clients in the financial services industry – banks, floor-plan lenders and other entities – in Florida and the Southeast. He provides counsel regarding litigation, operational, and regulatory issues, including establishing new lines of business. His litigation practice focuses on representing banks in commercial collection, bankruptcy and foreclosure matters and in defending banks in commercial and other disputes. John has also defended clients in multiple industries in toxic tort, personal injury, admiralty, fraud, regulatory and insurance-related matters, including coverage disputes and disputes between insurers and re-insurance entities. John has taken litigation matters through trial and appeal. He also serves as outside general counsel to financial services entities.
After successfully representing a client in a major forbearance deficiency action, John said one of his great legal accomplishments was being told by the opposing counsel, who is a very prominent business litigator, that John’s representation in the case was the best example of ethical lawyering the opposing counsel had seen in his career.
“ Cyber issues are a big deal for my bank clients and only getting bigger – security and privacy concerns, of course. But access to technology is also an issue. ”
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 1989
- University of Florida, B.A., 1985
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
John is a frequent supporter of Jacksonville Area Legal Aid.
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year - Jacksonsonville Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2022
- Best Lawyers® - Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Insurance Law, Litigation - Insurance
- Florida Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Business Litigation, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Insurance Coverage Law, 2011-2019
- “Florida Legal Elite” by The Florida Trend
- “Top Lawyers” by Jacksonville Magazine’s 904, 2011 and 2012
- “Top Attorneys in Florida” in The Wall Street Journal, 2011
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association
- The Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, former member