“My primary goal as an attorney is to achieve the best possible outcome for my clients through zealous advocacy and problem solving. By listening to clients and understanding their goals, I am able to create a plan of action tailored to my clients’ specific objectives while also having the privilege to learn more about them and their businesses.”
Josh Gostel has a wide-ranging litigation experience representing corporate clients across the state of Florida in the areas of business litigation, medical and professional liability defense, construction dispute resolution, employment and labor disputes, and insurance defense. Within these areas, Josh routinely represents businesses in breach of contract, breach of restrictive covenant, construction defect, employment-related, and medical malpractice claims.
Josh has been selected by clients and peers among Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite Up & Comers” and Best Lawyers in America’s “Ones to Watch.”
Representing clients in complex and commercial litigation in both state and federal courts, Josh is experienced in all phases of the litigation process, including conducting party, non-party, and expert depositions and witness interviews; drafting and filing dispositive and discovery motions; performing legal research memoranda and conducting document reviews; producing electronically stored information; and attending hearings.
Josh is active in the Jacksonville community. He served as the Co-Chair of the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance Policing Working Group. He is a pro bono volunteer with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid. His community service dates back to college while attending the University of Florida, where Josh served as an Assistant Director for Florida Blue Key’s Legal Day.
In law school, Josh interned with the Honorable Judge Eileen Rakower of the New York City Supreme Court Civil Branch. He also interned with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, working with the Trial Counsel in the Division of Enforcement.
Josh received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, and he earned his B.A. from the University of Florida.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2018
- University of Florida, B.A., 2014
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Pro Bono Volunteer
- Law Firm Antiracism Alliance, Police Working Group Subcommittee Co-Chair
Areas of Practice
- Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite Up & Comer”
- Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch”
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
Josh’s representative matters in his diverse areas of litigation have included:
- Representing a national automobile insurer in various lawsuits throughout the state of Florida relating to uninsured motorist and negligence claims;
- Representing a hospital and nursing staff in medical malpractice claims;
- Representing a national homebuilder in construction defect litigation matters; and
- Representing a national restaurant franchise in lawsuit filed by former employee alleging retaliation, sexual harassment, and misuse of COVID-relief loan funds.