I take pride in my ability to work alongside business owners and their management teams in disputes involving complex legal and business issues. I enjoy finding strategic and effective solutions to challenging questions and I believe that attention to detail and strategy is crucial to anticipating and solving these problems.
Lyndey Bryant is a skilled and experienced commercial litigator, who has represented large and small businesses, officers, and directors in complex civil litigation, arbitration, appeals, as well as administrative proceedings.
Lyndey is ranked by peers among Columbia Business Monthly's "Legal Elite" in both Business Litigation and Estate & Trust - Litigation; selected in South Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" in Appellate; and honored in Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch" in Commercial Litigation.
With over ten years of experience, Lyndey has developed a keen understanding of the legal issues that can arise in business settings, and is able to provide her clients with strategic and effective solutions to their legal disputes.
Lyndey has experience with a wide range of business issues arising in litigation. In particular, she has frequently counseled businesses and individuals regarding enforcement and negotiation of complex contract provisions, including, employment, non-compete, confidentiality, and trade secret agreements.
In addition, Lyndey also has experience representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries in disputes related to wealth transfer, such as estate, trust, real estate, and closely-held business disputes, and the exercise of fiduciary duties by trustees, executors, administrators, guardians, and powers of attorney. In these matters, Lyndey has counseled clients regarding issues of enforcement and modification of estate and trust provisions.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Furman University, B.A., 2009
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- United States District Court, District of South Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
In addition to her work as a commercial litigator, Lyndey is an active member of the professional and volunteer community. She is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars on topics related to litigation and appeals. She recently co-authored the latest edition of the South Carolina Law of Torts book, published in 2023 by the South Carolina Bar. Lyndey is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, a Councilmember of the South Carolina Bar Trial and Appellate Advocacy Council, and Treasurer of the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court.
Lyndey has been a volunteer with the United Way of the Midlands for over a decade, currently serving on the Executive Committee of the organization’s Women in Philanthropy affinity group. She previously served on the United Way’s annual Campaign Cabinet, served as a member of the Board of Directors, and volunteered in numerous leadership capacities for the organization’s Young Leaders Society.
Within Adams and Reese, Lyndey is a co-Liaison Partner for Associate Development, mentoring and guiding more than 50 associates within the Firm. She is also the Firm’s Pro Bono Coordinator for Columbia office. In addition, Lyndey consistently volunteers with and guides the Firm’s HUGS Committee, through which she assists in implementing community service activities in Columbia. She has twice received the Firm’s HUGS Volunteer of the Year award.
Lyndey is passionate about mentoring law students and young lawyers in the profession. She serves as a mentor for first year law students through the University of South Carolina School of Law 1L Mentoring Program and also mentors third year law students through the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court.
Areas of Practice
- Legal Elite of the Midlands - Business Litigation, Estate & Trust - Litigation, Columbia Business Monthly, 2020, 2023
- Best Lawyers® Ones To Watch - Commercial Litigation, 2021-2024
- South Carolina Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) - Appellate, 2019-2022
- University of South Carolina School of Law - Alumni Council Compleat Lawyer Award Silver Award, 2020
- South Carolina Bar - Young Lawyer of the Year, 2018
- Columbia Metropolitan Magazine - Capital Young Professionals Award, 2018
- South Carolina Bar - Young Lawyers Division President’s Award, 2017-2018
- Columbia Business Monthly Magazine - Best and Brightest 35 and Under, 2016
- University of South Carolina School of Law - Alumni Council Bronze Compleat Lawyer Award, 2012
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court, Social Committee Chair and Mentor
- South Carolina Bar Trial and Appellate Advocacy, Council Member
- South Carolina Bar Diversity Committee
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division, Chair of the Inaugural Pro Bono Committee
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Trial Academy Graduate 2018
- South Carolina Bar Leadership Academy Graduate 2018