I represent individuals and companies from a wide array of industries within real estate, oil and gas, environmental and forestry sectors. By listening carefully to my clients’ goals and objectives, I strive to build strategic partnerships throughout representation that promotes and supports growth, prosperity, and furtherance of business and legal interests.
Philip Hollimon, with over 15 years of legal experience in business and industry as a landman and solo practitioner, represents oil and gas interest owners, private landowners and business entities on real property, oil and gas, environmental, and forestry-related issues.
Before joining Adams and Reese, Philip founded Madison, Mississippi-based Hollimon Law Firm, PLLC, primarily serving clients in real estate closings, title curative matters, right-of-way title services and eminent domain, due diligence, contracts, and estate planning. Philip is a policy-issuing agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company. He is “Best Practices Certified” under the American Land Title Association.
Philip served in the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office as Special Assistant Attorney General for Pearl River Valley Water Supply District, working on real property, forestry, water rights, employment, and civil litigation issues.
During his years with Denbury Onshore, an independent operator, Philip gained considerable in-house oil and gas industry experience as a field land supervisor and landman, with land and legal duties in Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana. His responsibilities included business agreements relating to commercial commodity transportation and storage, surface and subsurface easements, agency permitting, as well as a variety of property settlement negotiations. He advised petroleum engineers and geologists on lease/unit rights; guided outside counsel on regulatory and litigation; supervised staff, in-house and contract landmen in capital development; and fostered business relationships with many local and state agencies.
In 2003, Philip earned his Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, in Forestry & Business from Mississippi State University. In 2006, he received his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Mississippi College School of Law.
Philip is a Graduate Forester and is licensed to practice forestry in the state of Mississippi.
Philip and his family currently reside in Madison, where they are active members within the community, attend Pinelake Baptist Church, participate in youth sports activities, and indulge in local outdoor hobbies and opportunities.
- Mississippi College School of Law, J.D., 2006, cum laude
- Mississippi State University, B.S., 2003, Forestry & Business, magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Areas of Practice
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Mississippi Bar, Real Property and Energy/Natural Resources Sections
- Madison County Bar Association
- Land Title Association of Mississippi
- Mississippi Association of Petroleum Landmen
- American Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Mississippi Forestry Association
- Mississippi Board of Registered Foresters
- American Land Title Association, Best Practices Certified
- Society of American Foresters