My clients need a lawyer who understands complex technologies and can leverage IP portfolios to advance their business interests. My extensive portfolio management and litigation experience provides me the insight and know-how to help clients achieve their goals.
Raymond R. Ferrera advises global companies on how to protect, defend, enforce, manage and monetize their intellectual property rights. He has obtained numerous multimillion dollar results for his clients in a wide variety of patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and other intellectual property actions.
Ray regularly handles IP litigation matters in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas, and appellate matters before the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth and Federal Circuits. He is also recognized to practice before the United States Supreme Court, in patent matters before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and patent litigation matters before the International Trade Commission.
Ray maintains an extensive international transaction practice, and he has established and enforced intellectual property rights in over 100 countries. He has extensive experience acquiring and enforcing assets throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, and is one of America’s most prominent IP practitioners in Europe and Africa.
Ray’s technical proficiencies include oil and gas exploration and production technologies; optical measurement and control systems; automotive devices; medical devices; computer hardware and software; microchip technologies; guidance and navigation systems; satellite technologies; signal control systems; and industrial facility control systems.
“ My goal is to partner with clients to advance their commercial interests by leveraging intellectual property. ”
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1995
- University of Houston, B.S., 1989
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Areas of Practice
Ray is routinely recognized by Best Lawyers® (by BL Rankings, LLC) and Texas Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Intellectual Property 2016-2018.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Attorneys' Liability Assurance Society
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association