Ron C. Bingham II advises clients regarding commercial insolvency, receiverships, monitorships, bankruptcy and commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts throughout the United States. His clients include national and regional banks and financial institutions, asset-based lenders, private equity funds, CMBS special servicers and financing subsidiaries of major industrial corporations.
Ron’s practice focuses on secured creditors and their efforts to protect and preserve collateral positions and maximize recoveries in commercial litigation and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. Ron has served as lead counsel in numerous contested matters in bankruptcy courts across the country, and he has substantial experience with the confirmation process inherent in Chapter 11 reorganization cases. He also works with corporate directors and officers providing insolvency-related advice in transactional and pre-litigation planning contexts.
Ron is an aggressive advocate who knows his clients well beyond the boardroom. He understands the unique individuals making decisions on behalf of the corporate entities and strives to achieve their preferences and objectives in each case. Ron considers the relationships that he has developed with his clients over the past twenty plus years as one of his greatest professional assets.
Ron serves as Partner in Charge of the Adams and Reese Atlanta office and as Leader of the Commercial Team in the Financial Services Practice Group.
“ There are a number of competing interests at play when working through a distressed credit. It is a high-pressure, fast-paced environment for the client. At the beginning of each case, I work with clients to identify the most desirable outcome from an economic or policy perspective. By doing this, we can then efficiently work toward that goal without allowing other non-economic factors to affect the decision-making process as the case progresses. I have an acute awareness of my client’s exposure in every case and I work tirelessly to mitigate that risk as effectively as possible. ”
- North Carolina State University, B.A., 1993, Economics and Finance
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1996
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® - Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Georgia Super Lawyer® (by Thomson Reuters) Bankruptcy: Business and Creditors’/Debtors’ Rights Law 2017-2022
- Georgia Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Bankruptcy: Business and Creditors’/Debtors’ Rights Law 2009-2011
- Named to Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite in Public Finance
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute, Board of Directors
- Turnaround Management Association
- Secured Finance Network
- Georgia Bankers’ Association, Firm Representative
- Equipment Leasing and Finance Association
- Atlanta Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Section
- INSOL International
- Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, Board of Advisors
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce