Attention to the details with practical solutions and useful advice protects my clients’ interests and mitigates their risks. A combination of analysis and research in developing strategy and taking the time to understand my clients’ goals is what allows me to drive the results my clients want to see.
Sean Buckley regularly advises clients in the purchase and sale of equity and assets, in a diverse array of industries, real estate transactions, entity selection and formation, corporate governance, and franchise opportunity matters to identify proactive solutions and eliminate or mitigate risks.
Sean has extensive experience negotiating complex commercial and residential lease transactions, sale and purchase agreements, and conveyance documents. He advises his clients with issues involving contract negotiations, contractor and subcontractor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, non-solicit agreements, and non-competition agreements, franchise disclosure documents and franchise agreements. He leverages his unique background and legal experience to better serve his clients.
Before joining Adams and Reese, Sean served as corporate counsel for a large Texas-based company where he oversaw claim management of prepaid legal services and legal insurance and organizational compliance with all corporate governance requirements, insurance department regulations, agent licensing, and prepaid legal service statutes. Additionally, Sean has previous experience in civil litigation pertaining to real estate and corporate matters which provides him with a unique perspective on transactions.
In keeping with the firm’s commitment to community service, Sean currently serves on the Board of Directors for VEL Institute (Veterans, Entrepreneurs, and Leaders), previously served as Vice President of the Board for the Global War on Terror Memorial Foundation, and completed pro bono work for Lone Star Legal Aid.
Sean is a veteran U.S. Navy Officer, served 6.5 years as a surface warfare officer and deployed twice in support of the Global War on Terrorism on the USS GONZALEZ (DDG-66) and USS CHANCELLORSVILLE (CG-62).
Sean received his Juris Doctor and M.B.A. from the University of Pittsburgh and B.A. in Economics from Villanova University.
- University of Pittsburgh, J.D., 2016
- University of Pittsburgh, M.B.A., 2016
- Villanova University, B.A., 2007
- VEL Institute, Board Member, Ambassador, 2019 - Present
- Global War on Terrorism Memorial Foundation, Board Member, Vice President of the Board, 2015 - 2019
Areas of Practice
- Represented a franchisee of one of the largest fast food chains in the country in the sale of two restaurants.
- Represented franchisor in the issuance of franchise opportunity.
- Performed title review to ensure clear title for a large timber client involving a $250mm forestry deal.
- Represented a Texas client in the purchase of real estate and auto care business.
- Represented a client in a re-organization of the corporate structure to enable the client to take advantage of tax incentives and benefits.
- Represented a client in the purchase of assets in a distressed seller going out of business providing significant value for the client.
- Represented a health care client in the negotiation of commercial lease.
- Represented a client in the purchase of two office buildings in Texas.
- Represented a real estate client in the formation of business entity and structure to ensure adequate protect.
- Represented a client in the purchase of a local gym and negotiated an assignment of lease.
- Represented numerous clients with the formation of a Texas entity and preparation of required company documents.
Financial Services Client Alerts
- "FinCEN Issues Alert of Scam E-Mail to Fraudulently Solicit BOI Reporting," Financial Services Client Alert, November 2023
- "FinCEN Publishes Compliance Guide to Help Small Businesses Understand Corporate Transparency Act," Financial Services Client Alert, October 2023
- "FinCEN Publishes Reporting Requirements, Definitions of Corporate Transparency Act," Financial Services Client Alert, May 2023
Vets to Ventures Series (Legal News and Information for Military Veterans)
- "Operation Litigation: Top Tips if Your Business is Threatened with a Lawsuit," Vets to Ventures, January 2024
- "Forming an LLC or Corporation: Which Entity is Right for You?" Vets to Ventures, December 2023
- "Legal Intel for Veteran Entrepreneurs," Vets to Ventures, November 2023
- "For Veterans Starting a Texas Business - No Formation Fee and No Franchise Tax for Five Years," March 2023