Skip to Content

Adams and Reese’s Immigration Team assists businesses and their employees in obtaining, strategizing, and complying with non-immigrant work visas, employment-based green cards, international intra-company transfers, adjustment of status, permanent residence, and other immigration documentation.

“We make sure that we know the ins and outs of our clients’ businesses, anticipating their needs and working to preemptively advise on immigration services before issues arise.” – Matt Guy, Immigration Team Leader

Business Immigration Services

Our Immigration Team provides hands-on counsel on all aspects of business immigration law. USCIS has experienced unprecedented backlogs in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. Further, immigration officials are often afforded discretion in interpreting and enforcing immigration regulations and related outcomes and penalties. We help our clients navigate these challenges and understand that foreign employees can be a vital part to U.S. companies. We work with businesses, educational institutions, nonprofits and individuals to help them secure employment visas.

Our firm’s holistic operation benefits our clients by taking into account all aspects of their business. Our Immigration Team works strategically with the firm’s Labor and Employment, Business Services, and Construction Teams to ensure appropriate due diligence. We also work with our Maritime Team for specialty visas for seafarers and offshore personnel.

Our Intersection of Business and Government Team uniquely positions us to facilitate clients’ specific needs relating to government entities at the local, state and federal level.

Visa Options

We assist our clients in obtaining a variety of visas and green cards and work to find solutions to our clients’ immigration needs. We have experience dealing with many types of visas, including:

  • B-1 (temporary business visitor)
  • B-1 in lieu of H-1B (temporary business visitor in lieu of H-1B)
  • B-1 OCS
  • B-2 (tourist or medical treatment visa)
  • E-1 (treaty trader visa)
  • E-2 (treaty investor visa)
  • E-3 (specialty occupation for Australians)
  • EB-5 (permanent residency for foreign nationals who invest in U.S., job-creating businesses)
  • H-1B (temporary specialty worker visa)
  • H-1B1 (U.S. Free Trade Agreement Professional visa for Chileans and Singaporeans)
  • H-2A (seasonal and agricultural work visa)
  • H-2B (seasonal non-agricultural work visa)
  • H-3 (trainee visa)
  • L-1A (intracompany executive or manager visa)
  • L-1B (intracompany specialized knowledge visa)
  • L-1 Blanket (blanket intracompany visa)
  • TN (work authorization status under NAFTA for Canadian and Mexican citizens)
  • Permanent residency (green cards) based upon employment, including labor certification (PERM)
  • F-1 (academic study visa)
  • OPT (optional training work authorization)
  • STEM OPT Extension
  • J-1 (research, professional training and cultural exchange visa)
  • Permanent residency/Family-based green cards
  • U.S. naturalization
  • Form I-9 (employment eligibility verification), including Department of Labor I-9 audits


Webinar: An Employer’s Guide to Hiring Temporary Specialty Occupation Workers

Related Practices