My approach is to listen, provide transparency, and ensure prioritization to tailor to the specific needs of a client and their business. I strive to establish a trusted, long-term partnership on which they can rely for honest guidance and pragmatic solutions.
Anam Fazli focuses her practice on commercial and construction litigation, where she endeavors to develop detailed litigation strategies for her clients’ advantage. She represents general contractors, subcontractors, architects, developers, engineers, manufacturers, insurance companies, and individual business owners in construction, commercial, products liability, personal injury defense, and business disputes.
Anam handles all aspects of litigation and arbitration from inception through trial, with experience in the areas of construction and design defects, fraud, payment disputes, delay and disruption disputes, liens, premises and products liability, product failure, and warranty claims. Her experience also includes representing builders and homeowners through the Residential Construction Liability Act process in construction and mold defect disputes.
Anam has mediated numerous disputes and negotiated settlements involving liability acts of independent contractors and subcontractors on construction projects managed by general contractors and owners. She also handles transactional matters, including drafting of energy, procurement and construction contracts.
While attending Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Anam served as a student attorney in the SMU Civil Clinic. In this role she drafted and argued motions, prepared documentation based on extensive research of state codes, and gained appellate experience. Anam also clerked at a litigation boutique firm where she performed research on out-of-state appellate procedures for litigation.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2019
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2016
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch – Litigation - Construction, 2024
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Houston Bar Association- Construction Law Section, Member
- South Asian Bar Association, Co-Vice President of Sponsorship and Fundraising
- Women in Construction, Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Represented a project management and engineering subcontractor in a bankruptcy preferential action against the trustee of a general contractor.
- Defended a general contractor in a payment dispute under the Texas Prompt Pay Act against a second-tier subcontractor relating to construction of a county courthouse.
- Represented a glass subcontractor in a delay and disruption dispute against a general contractor relating to a multi-million-dollar high rise hotel.
- Defended a commercial landscaping employer in a Fair Labor Standard Act action against a former employee.
- COVID-19: Who Bears the Cost for Construction Delays; Applicability of Homebuilder’s Arbitration Provision on Children; Mechanic’s Lien Affidavit - Substantial Compliance