I am a firm believer in spending time with clients to understand what it is they want to achieve and finding the most cost effective way to reach each client’s unique objectives. Litigation can be costly and burdensome. Through my litigation practice, I work proactively with corporate and individual clients to understand the roots of each claim and how it can be resolved. If litigation is imminent, I act to protect my clients’ interests and help them navigate through complex proceedings, whether in court or through arbitration.
Andrew Wilson is an experienced commercial litigator, who practices primarily in the areas of consumer law and construction law. He has experience pursuing and defending cases involving construction defects and Florida’s Construction Lien Law, as well as a variety of tort claims including negligence, professional liability, defamation, and fraud.
Andrew also has several years of experience litigating cases, including class actions, involving a variety of state and federal consumer protection laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and Florida Telephone Solicitation Act (FTSA).
Whether Andrew is representing a small business, a national financial institution, or an individual, he works with clients to understand their unique goals and develop a cost effective strategy for achieving them.
Andrew graduated from the University of Central Florida, where he earned both a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Bachelor of Arts in Modern Languages, with a focus on German and Italian. He earned his J.D. cum laude from Stetson University College of Law.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
- University of Central Florida, B.A., 2008
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Civil Trial Section Chair
Areas of Practice
- Judge Alexander Paskay Bankruptcy Award, Stetson University College of Law, 2012
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- SCBA Civil Trial Section, former Chair
- The Florida Bar, Twelfth Circuit Grievance Committee “C”