Consumer claims can be costly and burdensome on businesses and financial institutions. Through my financial services litigation practice, I work proactively with corporate clients to understand the roots of these claims and how they can be resolved prior to litigation to avoid unnecessary costs. If litigation is imminent, I act to protect my clients’ interests and help them navigate through complex proceedings, whether in court or through arbitration.
Andrew Wilson practices primarily in commercial and complex litigation, products liability and consumer law. He has litigated cases involving a variety of state and federal laws, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and state unfair and deceptive acts and practices statutes.
He has appeared in numerous cases in the state and federal courts of Florida and the Eastern District of Michigan.
Andrew earned his J.D. cum laude from Stetson University College of Law. While in law school, he completed internships with a legal aid organization, working with various agencies including the United States Department of Justice, Office of U.S. Trustee, U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Office of Chief Counsel, and he assisted individuals with public benefit issues.
A Sarasota native, Andrew graduated from the University of Central Florida, where he earned both a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Bachelor of Arts in Modern Languages, with a focus on German and Italian.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
- University of Central Florida, B.A., 2008
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Civil Trial Section Chair
- Judge Alexander Paskay Bankruptcy Award, Stetson University College of Law, 2012
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Sarasota County Bar Association