I tailor representation to the individual client, whether that is a single family homeowner dealing with a construction lien, a statewide contractor embroiled in complex business litigation, or a professional license holder defending administrative action. I combine substantive legal knowledge, cost-effective strategy, and attention to the client’s needs to provide efficient resolutions.
Anna Stein is board-certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar. She primarily practices in commercial litigation, including contract disputes and complex construction litigation.
Anna represents construction industry professionals (i.e. contractors, subcontractors, custom fabricators), business owners, and individuals in complex construction defects and commercial litigation in state and federal courts throughout Florida.
Anna also represents construction clients before state and local boards regarding administrative matters, licensing, code enforcement, and stop-work orders. Further in her construction practice, Anna has experience in lien prosecution and defense, administrative law, and commercial litigation focused on small business owners, contractors, and design professionals.
During her time in law school, graduating from the University of Miami School of Law, Anna was a law clerk for a Miami-Dade County Circuit judge, and served consecutive years as vice president of the Cardozo Legal Society.
Anna is a member of the Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar.
Anna is fluent in Hebrew and Japanese.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, B.S., 2001
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Areas of Practice
- Board Certified in Construction Law, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Represents clients at Circuit, County, and Small Claims court divisions; Zoning and Code Enforcement Boards; and State of Florida professional licensing boards including construction, engineering, and electrical.
- Engages in mediations to successfully settle cases for homeowners, contractors, and subcontractors, in cases including high rise condos, low rise planned communities, and single family residences.
- Communicates regularly with expert consultants regarding technical matters related to construction and engineering.