Throughout my practice, I have remained committed to working hand-in-hand with clients to resolve challenges and disputes efficiently, cost effectively, and with the flexibility required in evolving, post-pandemic workplace environments. I take pride in collaborating with employers to manage workforce issues and avoid disputes.
Ben Bard is a management-side labor and employment attorney serving private and public employers throughout the state of Florida. He is board certified by The Florida Bar in Labor and Employment Law.
Practicing for 15 years, Ben has represented a wide array of organizations and industries, including telecommunications, state and local government, higher education, religious organizations, insurance, pharmaceutical, and retail pharmacy, assisting these clients with a variety of labor and employment law issues and disputes.
Ben’s representative matters within his labor and employment law practice include:
- Representing management in employment litigation before state and federal courts, as well as federal and state agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, National Labor Relations Board, Department of Labor, and other federal, state, and local agencies.
- Drafting and reviewing documents such as policies, employee handbooks, and employment agreements.
- Handling all types of employment litigation, including claims involving wage and hour disputes, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, accommodation of disabilities, and entitlement to family and medical leave.
- Handling matters related to restrictive covenants, such as non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, as well as confidentiality agreements.
Prior to entering private practice, Ben served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Francisco A. Besosa, United States District Judge, and the Hon. Marcos E. López, United States Magistrate Judge, in the United States District Court of Puerto Rico. As a result of his experience, Ben has an intimate familiarity with both the judicial and litigation processes.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2008, magna cum laude
- University of Central Arkansas, B.A., 2005, summa cum laude
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- University of South Florida, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, Lecturer
- Benchmarks: Raising the Bar for Civics Education - Instructor
Areas of Practice
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Labor and Employment Law
- Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2018-2024)
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar – Labor and Employment Section, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- East Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- NLRB Restores Previous Standard for Establishing Section 7 ‘Concerted Activity’ Under the NLRA, The Checkoff, The Florida Bar Labor and Employment Law Section, April 2019