To be an effective litigator, it is imperative to not only have a complete understanding of the facts and law that apply to a case, but you must also have the ability to connect and communicate with others. I take a great deal of pride and enjoyment in conducting thorough and detailed investigations for my clients, and when necessary, advocating for their interests to work towards the best possible outcome in each case.
Blake Richardson’s experience makes him an effective advocate for clients in a number of industries. Blake knows the ins and outs of insurance litigation, including cases involving motor vehicles and trucking, and helps craft sound strategies for clients. He also represents individuals, corporations, and governmental entities in construction litigation, maritime disputes, and defends them in products and premises liability cases.
With a track record of success as a litigator, Blake has successfully defended companies and individuals in multiple jury and non-jury trials to verdict throughout Alabama.
Blake’s background includes an undergraduate degree in accounting. His financial savvy helps him understand his clients’ issues, particularly in complex cases.
An active member of the local legal community, Blake is committed to providing equal access to justice through the South Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program. Through his pro bono legal representation to indigent individuals, Blake helps make a difference in the lives of people in the community he serves. Blake currently serves on the board of directors for the Young Lawyers Section of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association.
Within the Mobile Bar Young Lawyers’ Association, Blake has served in leadership roles including as chairman of the Young Lawyers’ Charity Golf Tournament and as the organization’s Treasurer, Vice President, and President. He has also served as chairman of the Baldwin County Bar Association’s Social Committee.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Alabama, B.S., 2011, Commerce and Business Administration
- Culverhouse School of Accountancy, 2011, Honors Graduate
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- South Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Mobile Area Leaders Challenge
- Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity, Vice Dean
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Ones To Watch – Insurance Law, Transportation Law, 2021
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Mobile Bar Young Lawyers, Treasurer (2019), Vice President (2020), President (2021)
- Mobile County Bar Association Executive Committee
- Baldwin County Bar Association
- Represented multiple municipalities and their employees to verdict on personal injury and premises liability claims
- Represented elevator and escalator maintenance and repair corporation regarding personal injury and premises liability claims
- Represented a state agency employee and obtained summary judgment in a wrongful death claim
- Represented multiple individuals to verdict in personal injury claims regarding automobile and trucking accidents