A successful result involves so much more than just knowing the law. I always consider my client’s problems from both a legal and practical approach.
Brian Lambert is a board-certified construction lawyer by The Florida Bar, devoting his practice to all facets of construction law.
Practicing law since 2002, Brian has counseled clients on a host of issues involving virtually every aspect of the construction industry, including contract drafting at the inception of projects through payment disputes involving lien and bond claims. He has been involved in disputes involving scheduling, insurance, licensing, claims avoidance and other related matters. He further has handled a wide variety of complex construction disputes involving project delays, schedule acceleration, construction defects and differing site conditions. Aside from his construction experience, Brian has experience in commercial litigation disputes.
Brian serves as the current legislative chair for the Associated Builders and Contractors Gulf Coast Chapter. He is recognized by his peers among Florida Super Lawyers® and Best Lawyers® in Construction Law and Commercial Litigation.
Brian is licensed to practice in Florida (all federal and state courts), Texas (all state courts), Colorado and Oregon.
In the community, Brian is a board member at Lutz Preparatory School.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2002, cum laude
- University of South Florida, B.A., 1999
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Lutz Preparatory School, Board Member
Areas of Practice
- Board Certified in Construction Law, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Best Lawyers® – Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Insurance Law, Litigation - Construction, 2020-2023
- Florida Super Lawyers®, 2020-2022
- Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2012-2014
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2020, 2022
- Tampa Magazine, Top Lawyers, 2018-2020
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Gulf Coast Chapter, Past Board Member, Current Legislative Chair
- Arbitrated equitable subrogation claim for surety resulting in significant judgment and recovery.
- Co-counseled a five-day three panel member arbitration resulting in client recovery of $2 million including attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses in arbitration for drywall subcontractor.
- Represented owner in contract negotiations for $30 million South Tampa project.
- Defended defect and fraudulent lien claim resulting in recovery for roofing contractor.
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Construction Law