With more than 20 years of experience as a trial lawyer and the additional perspective of serving as an arbitration panelist and mediator, I am uniquely qualified to provide insight and guidance to clients in all aspects of the litigation process. My goal is to always put clients in the best position to obtain optimal results, whether that be as an effective negotiator at the bargaining table or as a staunch advocate in the litigation arena.
Brian Oblow is a trial attorney with over 20 years of construction law experience, primarily representing contractors, roofers and subcontractors in a full range of construction defect claims, contract disputes, lien and bond claims, as well as document review and drafting.
Brian is board certified in construction law by The Florida Bar, is an approved panelist for the American Arbitration Association and is a certified circuit civil mediator. He is recognized by his peers among Florida Super Lawyers® and Best Lawyers® in Construction Law.
He also has an extensive background litigating commercial and insurance-related matters.
He is a current member of the Gulf Coast Builders Exchange. He is the former executive director of the Tampa Bay Inn of Court and currently sits on its board.
In the community, he is an assistant scout master for the Boy Scouts of America Troop 79. He is an Arrowman in the Boy Scouts of America Order of the Arrow and has led numerous Keep Tampa Beautiful campaigns.
Brian was born in Port Jefferson, New York, and raised in West Palm Beach, Florida. He earned his bachelor of science degree in political science from the University of Florida in 1995 and his J.D., with honors, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 1999
- Are COVID-19 Liability Waivers Enforceable? Roofing Magazine, vol. 11, no. 5, September/October 2020
Seminars and Presentations
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, CCL University, 2019
- Common Commercial General Liability Insurance Provisions and Exclusions that Effect the Construction Industry, CCL University, 2019
- Depositions-What You Need to Know, Tampa Bay Inn of Court, 2016
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1999, Honors
- University of Florida, Political Science, 1995
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Girl Scouts of America Troop 33214, Troop Helper
- Strawberry Crest High School, Athletic Sponsor
- Order of the Arrow, Boy Scouts of America
- Boy Scouts of America Troop 79, Assistant Scout Master
- Keeping Tampa Bay Beautiful, campaign leader and volunteer
Areas of Practice
- Board Certified in Construction Law, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- AV Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers® – Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Insurance Law, Litigation - Construction, 2021-2023
- Florida Super Lawyers®, 2013-2022
- Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2009, 2011-2012
- Tampa Magazine, Top Lawyer, 2018, 2020
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2014-2016, 2018-2022
- Tampa Top Rated Lawyer, Insurance Defense, 2013
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- AAA Construction, Commercial and Consumer Arbitration Panelist
- Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, Florida Supreme Court
- Florida Bar Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Gulf Coast Builders Exchange, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- Tampa Bay Inn of Court, Board Member
- The Florida Bar, Member Trial Lawyers Section
- Obtained a large settlement for a general contractor in a contract dispute with a homeowner’s association over hurricane damage repairs.
- Obtained a large settlement for a subcontractor against a land surveyor for damages the subcontractor incurred as result of alleged surveying errors.
- Defended a business broker successfully in a dispute involving the sale of a multi-million-dollar company by obtaining a dismissal of the action with prejudice.
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Construction Law
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator