Every day, people experience a myriad of legal challenges. I enjoy providing our clients with the necessary tools to navigate these issues as well as the assurance that they are not alone in this endeavor. As counselor and advocate, I am driven to proactively find the solution that serves the best interests of our clients.
Chris Joseph practices primarily in the intersection of business and government, construction litigation, surety litigation, commercial industry contracts and litigation, insurance defense, and property litigation.
Chris analyzes construction claims and defenses for commercial and residential contractors, sureties, subcontractors, and owners. He represents clients in commercial and residential construction, suretyship, zoning, and real estate matters. He litigates commercial construction cases in Louisiana state and federal courts, handling all the various stages of litigation. He drafts appellate briefs, motions for summary judgment, and other substantive pleadings.
Chris is recognized by his peers among Louisiana Super Lawyers’ “Rising Stars” in Construction Litigation.
Chris is a scholar in the American Bar Association Young Lawyer Division Leadership Academy, a national pipeline to further leadership skills of underrepresented attorneys.
Earning his J.D. from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, Chris was second place oralist in the university’s Moot Court Competition and competed as an oralist for Loyola’s JESSUP International Law Moot Court Team. Additionally, Chris served as comment editor for Loyola’s Journal of Public Interest.
Chris, a New Orleans native and who comes from a family of basketball players, was a student athlete at Loyola University New Orleans. He played four years for the Wolfpack basketball team while receiving his B.A. in Political Science.
In the community, Chris is a board member of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Louisiana chapter.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 2018
- Loyola University of New Orleans, B.A., 2012
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
Areas of Practice
- Louisiana Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Construction Litigation and Civil Litigation, 2023
- Louisiana Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Construction Litigation, 2022
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association – Tort Trial & Insurance Practice, Fidelity and Surety Law; Young Lawyer Division Leadership Academy Scholar
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- AFSP Louisiana, Board of Directors
- City Year Baton Rouge, Associate Board Member
- “Revive True Democracy: Minimizing the Effects of SuperPACs in the Election Process,” Loyola Public Interest Law Journal (18 Loy. J. Pub. Int. L. 1)
- “Telemedicine: Physician and Patient Concerns,” Healthcare Journal of New Orleans (March - April 2018, p. 33)