My practice primarily involves litigation. As a result, I work with clients on a daily basis who are either being sued or who are bringing a claim. I appreciate the need of our clients to fully understand the range of possible outcomes and what it’s going to cost to get to the end of the case. They want to be fairly warned about what may lie ahead, what their options are and what are the worst and best case scenarios. I work hard to give our clients an honest overview, handle their cases cost-effectively, and deliver intended outcomes.
David Boyette represents clients in litigation involving business, real estate and community associations, construction, ad valorem tax, title insurance and trusts and estates. Known for his concise, efficient and tenacious style, David counsels contractors, real estate developers, realtors, title insurers, financial institutions, homeowners associations, condominium associations, trustees and individuals and businesses. He has prosecuted and defended cases arising from contract disputes, probate matters, title defects, construction defects, lien foreclosures and other complex commercial matters.
David is the author of several articles involving legal issues on such topics as title insurance, foreclosure, and community associations. He is an active member of several organizations, including the Sarasota County Bar Association, Florida Land Title Association and the Community Associations Institute and serves on the Board of the Pines of Sarasota.
- University of Florida, J.D., 1989
- University of Florida, B.A., 1985
Areas of Practice
- AV® Peer Review Rated - Martindale-Hubell
- Florida Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Business Litigation 2011-2014, 2017-2018
- Best Lawyers® - Litigation - Trusts and Estates
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Florida Land Title Association
- American Bar Association, Title Insurance Litigation Committee
- Gulf Coast Football Officials Association, Member
- Community Associations Institute (CAI), West Florida Chapter
- Pines of Sarasota, Board of Directors