I strive to solve issues while giving sound advice – to ensure that my client leaves in a better position than when they walked in.
Drew F. Chesanek focuses primarily on civil litigation, including construction-law, landlord/tenant, real property, maritime, and contract disputes. He has taken various cases to trial and to verdict and has also briefed and argued numerous appeals.
Prior to joining Adams and Reese, Drew was an associate at a civil litigation law firm. He also served as a legal extern with Second Harvest North Florida, worked in the office of forms for IMG Academies for two summers, and interned with the Miami-Dade County Public Defender’s Office.
While in law school, Drew was a member of the Honor Board, was recognized nationally for Moot Court and received the Excellence in Maritime Law Award. As an undergraduate, he served as a teaching assistant, was a peer counselor for the School of Business, and was a member of the Miami Dean’s List and the School of Business Mentor Program.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Miami, B.A., 2010, Business Management
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Ones To Watch - Commercial Litigation, 2021; Construction Law, Real Estate Law, 2022, 2023, 2024
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Drew is a member of The Florida Bar, the Manatee County Bar Association, the Sarasota County Bar Association, the Manatee County Chamber of Commerce and the American Inns of Court. He serves on the Young Lawyers and Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar as well as being a member of the Manatee Bar Association’s Young Professionals.
- Commercial Litigation - Represent leading global industrial water treatment company in a breach of contract case against a global chemical supplier relating to a long-term purchase contract with a fixed price on products. The chemical supplier defaulted on the contract. Successfully obtained injunctive relief forcing the chemical supplier’s strict compliance with the contract.
- Real Property – Represent top title insurer concerning boundary line disputes, landlocked parcels and ways of necessity, extinguishment or enforcement of easements, and curing defective mortgages.
- Construction Litigation – Represent developer in defending accusations of construction defects on multiple buildings during apartment to condominium conversions. Successfully obtained discovery that resulted in a Final Summary Judgment being awarded due to the statute of limitations.
- Maritime – Represent leading maritime and logistics company in Jones Act Defenses on numerous occasions as well as seizing and arresting vessels due to unpaid necessaries.