“Over the past two decades, I have represented clients of all sizes from individual proprietors to Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries including construction, food and beverage, manufacturing, transportation, and retail. I enjoy learning about each of their businesses and individual needs to make sure I can provide the best possible service and tailored solutions. One of the most rewarding aspects of my practice is delivering peace of mind to my clients during challenging times by providing quality representation with efficiency, integrity, and responsiveness.”
Frank Caycedo represents and counsels businesses through all stages of the litigation process with an emphasis in construction, general tort liability, labor and employment, products liability, insurance, and commercial litigation.
Frank's litigation experience includes serving as a senior staff attorney for The Hartford and trial attorney for Farmers Insurance. Frank handled a wide range of litigation, including catastrophic workplace injuries, commercial motor vehicle accidents, and premises liability claims. He was involved in all aspects of civil litigation, including discovery, motion practice, settlement negotiations, and serving as lead counsel in both bench and jury trials.
Additionally, having practiced in labor and employment law for more than two decades, Frank’s vast experience includes defending claims brought against employers under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and various state workers' compensation laws.
Frank proactively counsels employers on discrimination and harassment training programs for their managers and supervisors. In addition to counseling employers on day-to-day matters, Frank also assists employers with drafting employee handbooks and employment policies. In litigated matters, Frank has successfully defended employers before administrative agencies, in arbitration, and in state and federal courts.
Frank is admitted to practice law in the State of Texas. He also is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Southern, Western, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
In addition to serving as staff counsel for The Hartford and Farmers Insurance, Frank previously ran his own law firm. He has a true appreciation for the work ethic and sacrifices required to run a business and the utmost respect for owners, executives and managers of all businesses, no matter the size.
Frank earned a B.A. in Government from The University of Texas. He later attended South Texas College of Law, where he received a J.D. and served as Articles Editor for South Texas Law Review. He belonged to the Order of the Lytae, Dean's List and Phi Delta Phi.
- University of Texas, B.A., 1998
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2003, cum laude
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Areas of Practice
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Texas Bar Association
- Successfully defended employers in arbitration proceedings against charges of discrimination before the EEOC and various state employment.
- Served as counsel for Fortune 500 companies in employment litigation matters, including discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims.
- Obtained summary judgment and voluntarily dismissals on behalf of clients in personal injury and employment litigation.