I believe in being fully invested. Clients deserve a lawyer who can understand their legal issues from multiple angles and identify efficient solutions. Whether it’s advising on a regulatory matter, negotiating an agreement or litigating in court, I fully invest myself in pursuit of creative, successful outcomes for our clients.
Austin Stewart’s litigation-driven practice focuses on complex matters involving products liability, toxic torts, insurance, mass torts and commercial litigation. Austin’s breadth of litigation experience includes representing clients in industrial services, construction, product manufacturing, real estate and government. He serves on the national trial counsel team for an industry-leading product manufacturing company, and works closely with experts in industrial hygiene, workplace safety and government regulation.
One of Austin’s particular strengths in his trial work is his ability to help clients move through the final stages of a case, where he demonstrates his skill in trial logistics, preparation and presentation. Austin’s in-court experience makes him an ideal partner to his clients.
Austin has extensive background experience in regulatory matters, including with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), which enables him to be an effective advisor to industrial, manufacturing and construction clients facing inspections, investigations, citations and enforcement actions. Through his experience and his network of regulatory and industrial hygiene experts, Austin is able to effectively guide clients through a full range of workplace safety and regulatory matters.
In addition to his litigation practice, Austin acts as outside general counsel to assist business clients of all types, and is a trusted resource on a range of legal issues, including contractual issues, landlord/tenant law, insurance, general corporate matters and transactions. Austin also advises clients on entertainment law and connects them with the right resources within the firm when necessary. In this context, his work involves helping clients negotiate and finalize contracts, endorsement deals, cross-industry promotions, licensing and merchandising agreements in various industries, including literary, home goods, furniture, home improvement and restaurants. As a reliable advocate, Austin is there by his clients’ side from start to finish.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Mississippi College, B.S., 2004, magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Austin is committed to the economic development of Madison County and the state of Mississippi. Austin is an active leader in the Madison County Business League & Foundation, where he is a founding member and current Chairman of the Young Professional Steering Committee. Previously, Austin served two terms as the MCYP Philanthropy Chairman, leading the group in fundraising and service opportunities in Madison County. Austin is also a member and active alumni of the Mississippi Economic Council’s Leadership Mississippi.
For the last decade, Austin has also volunteered his time to the Programs of the Mississippi Bar, including the High School Mock Trial Competition, where he has served as an attorney coach, judge and Chairman of the High School Mock Trial committee. Austin has also focused his efforts on legal education opportunities for young lawyers as Chairman of the Seminars and Lawyer in Every Classroom committees of the Young Lawyers Division. Austin is also a member of the Capital Area Bar Association and the Jackson Young Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Mississippi Bar Outstanding Young Lawyer of Mississippi, 2016–2017
- Mid-South Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Civil Litigation Defense 2014–2017
- Mississippi Bar Association Leadership Forum (2017)
- Mississippi Economic Council Leadership Mississippi, Class of 2019
- Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 50 Under 40 (2019)
- Portico 15 Attorneys, Portico Magazine (2019)
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, High School Mock Trial Committee Chairman (2015); Seminars Committee Chairperson (2016); Lawyer in Every Classroom Committee Chairman (2017)
- Hattiesburg Area Young Lawyers Association, President (2012); Vice President (2010–2011); Secretary/Treasurer (2009–2010)
- Madison County Business League & Foundation, Young Professional Steering Committee, Philanthropy Chairman (2016–2017); Vice-Chairman (2018); Chairman (2019)