I am most proud to be called upon as a trusted advocate for clients and to offer my insight and creativity to solve their most complex problems.
Austin Stewart advises clients on a variety of complex litigation matters, including product liability defense, insurance, mass tort litigation, and commercial litigation. Austin serves on the national trial counsel team for an industry-leading product manufacturing company. In addition, he provides counsel to business clients on a variety of issues including corporate structure, landlord/tenant disputes, intellectual property, and transactions. Austin also advises both individuals and production entities in the television industry on entertainment law.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Mississippi College, B.S., 2004, magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Austin is actively involved in the programs of the Mississippi Bar. For the last decade, Austin has volunteered his time to High School Mock Trial Competition, serving as an attorney coach, judge, and Chairman of the High School Mock Trial committee. In addition, Austin has also served the Young Lawyers Division of the Mississippi Bar as Chairman of the Seminars and the Lawyer in Every Classroom committees. Austin also serves as Philanthropy Chairman for the Young Professional Steering Committee of the Madison County Business League & Foundation. Austin is also a member of the Capital Area Bar Association and the Jackson Young Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Mississippi Bar Outstanding Young Lawyer of Mississippi, 2016-2017
- Mid-South Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Civil Litigation Defense 2014-2017
- Mississippi Bar Association Leadership Forum (2017)
- Mississippi Economic Council Leadership Mississippi, Class of 2019
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Mississippi Bar Association, High School Mock Trial Committee Chairman (2015); Seminars Committee Chairperson (2016)
- Mississippi Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Chairman Seminars Committee
- Alabama Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers Association
- Hattiesburg Area Young Lawyers Association, President (2012); Vice President (2010-11); Secretary/Treasurer (2009-10)
- Madison County Business League & Foundation, Young Professional Steering Committee (2016-2017); Chairman (2019)