Jacqueline N. Feliciano is a Certified General Contractor with a Master of Laws in Taxation, enabling her to provide particularized legal representation to clients encompassing construction, corporate and tax law.
Jacqueline assists clients in a variety of matters including contract drafting, contract negotiation and construction related disputes, with her primary focus on corporate restructuring and mergers and acquisitions.
Jacqueline grew up in the construction industry and learned the trade from her father who has worked in construction for decades. Before practicing law, Jacqueline worked as a Certified General Contractor and subsequently gained experience at a worldwide electronic manufacturer where she worked on various commercial transactions, while also working with the corporate secretary on corporate governance.
After graduating from law school, Jacqueline went on to pursue her passion of tax at the University of Florida and obtained her Master of Laws in Taxation, cum laude. Jacqueline has been recognized for her work by being named in the 2021 and 2022 inaugural edition of the Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch in Construction Law, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates, as well as being named as one of Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Starts in 2022.
Jacqueline is fluent in Spanish.
- Section 139 Disaster Relief Payments, Florida Roofing Magazine, May 2020
- Coronavirus Update, Shear Bull, April 2020
- Understanding the Dollar-for-Dollar Tax Credits Given to Employers from Payments of Qualified Wages Under the FFCRA, Roofers Coffee Shop, April 2020.
- Qualified Business Deduction for Roofers, Florida Roofing Magazine, April 2019
- New Expensing Under Section 179, Florida Roofing Magazine, August 2018
- Secured Transactions Flowcharts, Stetson University College of Law, co-author with Theresa J. Pulley Radwan, Transitional Business Administrator and Professor of Law, 2016
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, L.L.M., 2018, cum laude
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2017, cum laude
- University of Florida, 2014, cum laude
- Wills for Warriors, Volunteer
- VITA, Volunteer Income Tax Assistant
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch - Construction Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates, 2021-2023
- Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2022
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Tax Law Section
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Florida Gulf Coast Chapter
- NEXGEN Leadership Program, Class of 2021
- Junior League of Tampa
- The Federalist Society
- Phi Delta Phi Honor Society
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Delta Phi Epsilon Honor Society
- Tampa Connection 2023
- Represented buyers and sellers in the acquisitions/purchases of construction companies.
- Represented buyer in the acquisition of their grading company.
- Represented contractors in court related to ground stipulation dispute.
- Represented contractors in structuring deals related to real estate, financing and various secured transactions.
- Performed various tax-free/tax-efficient reorganizations under the Internal Revenue Code.
- Assisted nonprofits in forming their corporate structures and subsequently obtaining tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code.
- Florida Certified General Contractor
- Florida Sales Associate License Pending