I aim to provide my clients with the highest quality legal guidance so every decision they make, whether it be for their business or in a personal matter, is made with the utmost confidence.
Katelin Varnado represents clients in construction disputes, property disputes, government relations matters, and general liability and commercial litigation. She also advises clients on contract interpretation and enforcement, business formation and corporate governance, and various labor and employment matters. Katelin has extensive experience litigating the enforceability of employment agreements, non-competition agreements, and non-solicitation agreements.
Her litigation experience also includes representing state agencies and boards, universities, and municipalities in both state and federal courts.
In her construction practice, Katelin counsels clients on matters such as design defect, delay, and payment claims. She also assists clients in preparing, evaluating, and responding to bids related to public works projects throughout Louisiana and has prepared numerous successful bid protests.
Katelin received her B.S. and J.D. from Louisiana State University.
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D., 2013
- Louisiana State University, B.S., 2010
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Louisiana Rising Star® (by Thomson Reuters) Employment & Labor, 2023
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Construction Management Association of America (CMMA), Gulf Coast Chapter