Utilizing my experience with the State Attorney’s Office and the Florida Office of the Attorney General, I use my diverse background, courtroom experience, as well as a deep appreciation of the hard work that is put into the construction industry, in order to better serve my clients.
Kyle Rea practices primarily in all areas of construction law, including, lien law, bond law, contract review and drafting, contract negotiation and litigation. He also is experienced in internal compliance, white collar criminal defense, licensing law, and workplace health and safety issues pertaining to OSHA State and Provincial Plans.
Kyle is recognized by his peers among Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch in Construction Law: Litigation.
A Florida native, Kyle was introduced into the construction industry through his grandfather and uncles working as electricians, electrical contractors and general contractors. Kyle left the state of Florida to attend college at Auburn University, and while there, he met his wife, whose family of engineers run a construction company in Tennessee.
Kyle began his legal career as an assistant state attorney for Florida’s Sixth Judicial Circuit. He spent nearly five years prosecuting felony, misdemeanor, and juvenile charges; prosecuting several first-degree felonies, and taking over 25 cases to trial. As part of his duties as a prosecutor, he prosecuted several cases of individuals contracting without a license, including instances during a state of emergency.
While in law school, Kyle clerked for the Florida Office of the Attorney General, Office of Statewide Prosecution.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Auburn University, B.A., 2010, cum laude
- The 1st U.S. Volunteer Cavalry Regiment – Tampa Rough Riders, Inc.
- Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch - Construction Law, Litigation-Construction, 2021-2023
- Tampa Magazine, Top Lawyers, Administration/Regulatory Law, 2021
- Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2022
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2022
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Delta Epsilon Iota Academic Honor Society
- National Scholars Honor Society
- Society of Leadership and Success
- Delta Chi Fraternity
- Represented a commercial roofing contractor in the defense of various defect allegations, which included novel concepts surrounding the proper licensure for various scopes of work on the Project.
- Represented numerous contractors in the defense of Serious, Repeat Serious and Willful OSHA citations.