From helping my father, an engineer, markup blueprints, to myself managing a fleet of commercial trucks delivering construction offices and storage containers throughout the state of Florida, my foundation and passion for the construction industry grew early in my career. Since starting my law practice, I am committed to delivering the necessary resources to enhance the businesses of my clients.
Lee Tomlinson practices primarily in construction law, encompassing payment dispute issues, lien and bond claims, construction contract review and drafting, contract disputes and construction defect litigation.
Lee is recognized by his peers among the Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch in Construction Law: Litigation.
A native Floridian from Winter Haven, Lee grew up working various agriculture-related jobs from unloading watermelon trucks in the summer to helping his grandfather tend to the irrigation in his citrus grove. He got his first taste of the construction industry, helping his father markup blueprints as part of his work as an engineer for a large Florida orange juice producer.
Prior to attending law school, Lee worked for a national business to business rental company where he managed a fleet of commercial trucks and drivers delivering construction offices and storage containers to jobsites throughout the state of Florida.
During law school, Lee interned with the White Collar/Elderly Abuse Division of the State Attorney’s Office in Bradenton, before beginning a clerkship with a law office in St. Petersburg where he gained valuable experience in the construction law field.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2015
- University of South Florida, B.S., 2011
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Florida Roofing & Sheet Metal Contractors Association (FRSA) Credit Union. Board of Directors
- Metropolitan Ministries, Volunteer
- Black Dagger Military Hunt Club, Volunteer
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch - Construction Law: Litigation, 2021-2022
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Represented a signage contractor on a large international airport project against a general contractor and a downstream subcontractor resolving the case in the client’s favor.
- Represented various general contractors/subcontractors/trades in negotiating multi-million-dollar construction contracts on federal, state and private projects to maximize the benefit to the client and protect their interests.
- Obtained multiple final judgments on behalf of various roofing contractors for unpaid services, up to and including, lien foreclosure judgments and foreclosure sales to procure payment.