I really enjoy helping clients think through the important issues related to their business. I like walking them through the risk analysis and negotiating agreements, and it’s satisfying for me when we accomplish things that are good for their business.
Scott Jones advises clients primarily in the financial services, construction and hospitality industries on both transactional and litigation matters. He advises banks throughout the United States regarding payments and operations, including treasury management, internet banking, mobile banking and emerging payment agreements. Scott also represents banks, as well as developers and owners, regarding real estate developments, incentives, financing options, deal documentation, land-use issues, and related issues.
His construction practice includes contract negotiation and drafting and litigation. His construction clients include property owners – businesses, school districts and municipalities – as well as contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
Scott is the Partner in Charge of the Jackson office.
- Mississippi College, J.D., 2006
- Mississippi College, B.S. / B.A., 1999
- Mississippi Bar
- Tennessee Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
Scott is on the board of directors for Magnolia Speech School, serves as clerk of the Session at Highlands Presbyterian Church and sits on the board of directors for Reformed University Fellowship-Midsouth, which covers West Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi. Scott is also active in providing pro bono legal services to people unable to afford legal service.
Areas of Practice
- Mid-South Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Business Litigation 2016-2017
- Leadership Mississippi - Class of 2011
- Mississippi College School of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Outstanding Service Award, Capital Area Bar Association, 2013
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Scott is involved with the Mississippi Associated Builders & Contractors, the Mississippi Bankers Association, numerous regional payments associations, and the Mississippi Economic Counsel. He is a 2011 graduate of Leadership Mississippi.