I have devoted much of my career and practice to improvements in payment system law and solutions for detecting and preventing fraud within the financial services industry.
Paul Carrubba has significantly expanded the firm's banking practice nationwide through his legal experience and banking background. His areas of experience include checks, drafts and other negotiable instruments, wire transfers, automated clearing house and other electronic transactions, and the laws and regulations governing each of them. Paul has extensive experience in drafting and reviewing banking agreements, including account deposit and treasury management, and vendor agreements.
With more than 45 years of experience in the financial services industry as a bank operations manager, consultant, author and attorney, Paul has written six books on banking and banking law and has served as an expert witness in numerous cases on issues dealing with reasonable standards in the banking industry. His clients include several top financial institutions in the country and a number of software and service provider vendors for the financial services industry. Paul frequently presents seminars and other presentations on banking law and regulations, and he is a member of the faculty at the NACHA Payments Institute.
- Mississippi College School of Law, J.D., 1979
- University of Southern Mississippi, B.S., 1972
Areas of Practice
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year - Jackson Banking and Finance Law, 2017, 2022
- Best Lawyers® - Banking and Finance Law, Finance Services Regulation Law
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Banking 2013-2016
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Louisiana Bankers Association Bank Counsels Section
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Serving as Senior Vice President and Manager of Operations for a regional bank for 20 years and working in the financial services software industry for eight years, which connected him to major banking organizations in the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom and South Africa.
- Teaching at the Alabama School of Banking, the Bank Administration Institute’s Graduate School of Bank Operations and Technology and at the Mississippi School of Banking.
- Membership on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), the Bank Administration Institute’s Council for Educational Services and the Operations and Technology Commission.
- Serving as Chairman of the Operations and Automation Committee of the Mississippi Bankers Association.
- The author of six books including: Revised UCC Article 3 and 4, A Banker’s Guide to Checks, Principles of Banking, and Remote Deposit Capture Practical Considerations.