Understanding a client’s needs and focusing on how to get there in a timely and cost-effective manner is the focus of my practice. I always try to identify issues and solutions, discuss them with the client in a straightforward manner and obtain a resolution as quickly as possible.
Clients appreciate my understanding of the laws and regulations that affect the work I do for them.
Phil Bergeron provides advice to organizations, professionals, individuals, groups, and agencies, litigates disputes, and assists them with compliance issues. Clients turn to Phil for his extensive knowledge and experience of healthcare, administrative and regulatory issues.
With years of experience in healthcare and regulatory matters, Phil provides general advice to clients and assists them with issues related to the application of state and federal law and regulations.
Phil helps his clients navigate the ever-changing regulatory and legislative frameworks that are important to them, paying close attention to any changes that might affect clients.
Phil has lectured on issues within the areas of his expertise at state and national forums. He has presented to various healthcare and professional organizations, hospital organizations, and attorney workshops. He an active member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, and a past Vice-Chair of the Section on Administrative Law. Phil was the youngest delegate to Louisiana’s Constitutional Conventional in 1973 (CC 73’), having served on the judiciary committee.
Phil devotes time to pro bono work for the underprivileged and also through Southeast Louisiana Legal Services.
“ When I give a client an answer, they can rest assured knowing that their issue has been carefully and thoughtfully considered. ”
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 1980
- University of New Orleans, B.A., 1977
Areas of Practice
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Lawyer of the Year in Health Care Law in New Orleans - Best Lawyers®, 2015
- Best Lawyers® - Health Care Law, 2011-2022
- New Orleans' Top Lawyers, New Orleans Magazine, 2010-2013
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year in New Orleans - Health Care Law, 2020
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Louisiana Bar Association - Administrative Law Section Vice Chair
- American Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association