As a litigator with nearly 40 years of “first-chair” experience, I appreciate that every client’s approach to litigation is not the same. Some clients may want me to take a more aggressive no-stone-left-unturned approach, while others may direct me to resolve a case early on in the process, as expeditiously and inexpensively as possible. I am able to develop strategies at either end of that spectrum, as well those in between, to achieve the client’s objectives. Best serving the client’s needs is always my primary goal.
Bob Boos represents clients both at trial and in arbitrations/mediations across the country in litigation involving products, contracts, employment, construction, real estate, banking, securities, insurance and health care – in virtually any type of business dispute. He has also handled class action defense matters, both in state and federal courts.
Drawing on his experience as lead attorney on hundreds of complex litigation matters, including most recently tobacco litigation, he strategically manages lawsuits throughout the process by gaining as much knowledge as possible about his client, the client’s business, opposing counsel and the court.
Bob also serves clients in
Bob is an “old-school lawyer” – a tough, hard-nosed litigator who’s always willing to go the distance in a case if that is what it takes, but always with an eye towards quickly resolving the dispute through mediation, by dispositive motions, or otherwise.
“ I’ve litigated all types of matters, in all types of forums, against all types of adversaries, in front of all types of judges. I adapt well to the litigation environment I am in, and strive to prevail. ”
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D., 1979
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1976
- District of Columbia
Areas of Practice
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Business Litigation 2017-2018
- Best Lawyers® -
Litigation - Bankruptcy, Litigation - Construction, Litigation - RealEstate
- Tampa Bay's Top Lawyers 2010 - Tampa Bay Magazine
- Florida Legal Elite – Florida Trend Magazine
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- UCLA Alumni Association
- American Bar Association
- Builders Association of Greater Tampa, Inc.
- Federal Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Notre Dame Club of Florida
- Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- South Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- Tampa YMCA, Board
- Tampa Theatre Winefest Committee