Much of my practice centers on working with national counsel on complex commercial lawsuits filed in Alabama.
Robert Eckinger practices in the area of complex litigation, including banking and finance, class actions, antitrust and unfair competition, and business litigation. He has represented primarily banks, accounting firms and insurance companies, and focuses his practice on business litigation for such institutions. Bob has represented numerous financial institutions in litigation regarding regulatory matters, derivative suits, security cases, antitrust matters, lender liability and consumer class actions, among other matters.
Representative cases include:
- Am. Liberty Ins. Co. v. Amsouth Bank, 825 So. 2d 786 (1/18/2002)
- Stone v. Mellon Mortg. Co., 771 So. 2d 451 (5/5/2000)
- Archer Daniels Midland Co. v. Seven Up Bottling Co., 746 So. 2d 966 (6/25/99)
- Austin v. Blue Cross & Blue Shield, 903 F.2d 1385 (1990)
- National Ben. Admrs., Inc. v. Blue Cross & Blu…, 1989-2 Trade Cas. (CCH) P68, 831 (1989)
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1979
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1975
- District of Columbia
- New York
Areas of Practice
- Membership in the Litigation Counsel of America
- Best Lawyers® (by BL Rankings, LLC) - Antitrust Law, Litigation – Antitrust, Litigation - Banking and Finance, Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Alabama and Mid-South Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Business Litigation 2009-2017
- Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition® (by Thomson Reuters) Business Litigation
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Bob belongs to the Alabama State Bar Association, Birmingham Bar Association, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, District of Columbia Bar Association and the American Bar Association.