As someone who grew up in and around both the construction industry and the legal profession, I naturally became a construction lawyer and advocate for the construction industry. While the days of digging foundations or managing projects are a thing of the past, my twenty years of experience in the industry allows me to identify the key issues and facts quickly and help my clients avoid or navigate what are often complex legal disputes.
Roscoe Green primarily practices in all areas of construction law, including construction litigation, contract disputes, construction defects, bid protests, payment disputes, delay claims and lien and bond claims. He is also experienced in government affairs and lobbying for his clients.
As someone who grew up in and around both the construction industry and the legal profession, Roscoe has always been interested in construction law, and as a service-oriented person, he has found great satisfaction in helping others. Roscoe drew inspiration from his father, owner of Construction Support Southeast, Inc. and grandfather, a former chief justice of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and former justice of the Florida Supreme Court.
Roscoe is a Florida Certified General Contractor and holds a bachelor’s degree in construction engineering from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University. He is Quality Control Management Certified by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and SREF (State Requirements for Educational Facilities) Certified by the Florida Department of Education.
Prior to attending law school, Roscoe worked with a construction management firm in commercial and institutional construction. He served in a variety of roles including project engineer, estimator, superintendent and project manager for multi-million-dollar projects. After law school, he focused his practice on construction litigation.
Roscoe is Florida Board Certified in Construction Law.
Roscoe is licensed to practice in both Florida and Georgia. He is active in The Florida Bar, serving on the Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section and for the State Bar of Georgia, he is a member of the Real Property Law Section. Roscoe serves as general counsel for the National Association of Minority Contractors, Central Florida Chapter.
- After A Coronavirus-Related Project Suspension, Take These Steps To Protect Your Rights, Construction Dive, April 2020
- The Right Contract Provisions Can Protect Construction Firms From Coronavirus-Related Shutdown Costs, Construction Dive, April 2020
- Paying Employees During a Coronavirus-Related Project Suspension: What Do Federal Laws Say? Construction Dive, April 2020
- Considerations Before You Bid or Submit a Proposal for a Government Project, Roofing Magazine, July 2021
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University, B.S., 2006, Construction Engineering
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Justice Joseph W. Hatchett Vaults of Opportunity Scholarship, Board Member
- Radiant Church, South Tampa
Areas of Practice
- Engineering News-Record, National 20 Under 40, 2023
- Engineering News-Record, Top Young Professionals, 2022
- Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars 2019-2023
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite Up & Comer, 2019, 2021
- Tampa Magazine, Top Lawyers, Construction Law, 2021
- Chambers & Partners Diversity & Inclusion Awards (USA), Shortlisted for Minority Lawyer of the Year, 2019
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- National Association of Minority Contractors, Central Florida Chapter, General Counsel
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Florida First Coast Chapter
- State Bar of Georgia, Real Property Law Section
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Chapter
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- The J. Clifford Cheatwood American Inn of Court
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando, Supplier Diversity Council
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellow
- Successfully represented a public agency in a multi-million-dollar dispute and one of the largest construction disputes at its time, concerning defective pavement design and construction at shipping terminal.
- Successfully represented the prime contractor in a dispute before the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals against the Federal Bureau of Prisons, concerning alleged defective construction of the roofing system at a federal prison.
- Represented an energy performance contractor in a multi-million-dollar dispute concerning an energy performance savings contract and the building automation system conservation measure.
- Successfully represented a concrete subcontractor in a multi-million-dollar dispute with the prime contractor and the City concerning significant damage to concrete diversion and perimeter ditches caused by a tropical storm during the project.
- Represented the prime contractor in a multi-million-dollar dispute against a public agency, subcontractors and the manufacturer concerning alleged defects in the design and construction of the roof system across multiple campuses.
- Successfully represented the prime contractor in a high-profile action against a County before state court for causing a project with a duration of more than a year to reach the stage of substantial completion without paying the contractor during the project.
- Florida Certified General Contractor (CGC#1518230)
- State Requirements for Educational Facilities Certified, Florida Department of Education
- Construction Quality Control Management Certified, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Advanced Research, Writing and Drafting Certificate, Florida Coastal School of Law