The most exciting aspect of my practice will always be meeting with professionals working in a variety of industries and learning the intricacies of their businesses. Understanding how our clients’ businesses operate is not only interesting, but it better equips me in representing them when they are faced with litigation.
Thomas P. White focuses his practice on business litigation. Tom has experience litigating contract disputes, professional negligence claims, fiduciary duty claims, and lawsuits seeking injunctive relief. Tom represents clients in civil litigation before Florida’s state and federal courts, as well as in arbitration.
While a law student, Tom interned for the Honorable Marcia G. Cooke of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida as well as the Honorable Spencer D. Levine of the Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal. He was also a member of the UM Moot Court Board and the Inter-American Law Review. Tom placed first in the Evan A. Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition, a national competition judged by state Supreme Court justices and federal circuit court judges. He also participated in UM’s Litigation Skills Program and was awarded the Litigation Skills Faculty Scholarship for his performance. As an undergraduate, he interned for two summers in former Congressman Ron Klein’s Boca Raton and Washington, DC offices.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Auburn University, B.A., 2011, Political Science and History, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
Tom is actively involved in the community as a member of ImpactJAX, the young professionals organization of the JAX Chamber, as well as the Young Lawyers Section of the Jacksonville Bar Association. Tom also volunteers for legal aid organizations in Jacksonville.
Prior to moving to Jacksonville, Tom served on the Board of Directors for the Lighthouse of Broward, a non-profit organization providing comprehensive educational and rehabilitation services, and counseling to blind and visually impaired children and adults.
Areas of Practice
- Evan A. Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition, 1st Place, hosted by the University of Wisconsin Law School
- John T. Gaubatz Competition, Semi-Finalist, University of Miami School of Law
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Litigation involving claims of professional negligence, both on behalf of the plaintiff and defendant
- Litigation against the Federal Government under the Administrative Procedures Act
- Appellate victory before Florida’s First District Court of Appeal
- Arbitration claim related to the sale of a Florida small business, which resulted in an award for his client following a final evidentiary hearing
- Defending against an employment claim for retaliatory discharge
- Various lawsuits involving breach of contract claims, negligence claims, breach of fiduciary duty claims, and involving claims for injunctive relief