Adams and Reese had 12 attorneys across the firm’s regional footprint selected among the “Lawyers of the Year” for 2016 in their respective practice areas by Best Lawyers® (by BL Rankings), the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Best Lawyers® designates “Lawyers of the Year” in high-profile legal specialties in large legal communities. Only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is being honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Adams and Reese’s “Lawyers of the Year” included:
- E.L. Henry – Government Relations, Baton Rouge
- Lana Sims Jr. – Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers, Columbia
- Clayton Cannon – Litigation – Construction, Houston
- Jerry Sheldon – Natural Resources Law, Jackson
- Charles Parrott – Litigation Real Estate, Jackson
- John Rogerson – Insurance Law, Jacksonville
- Vic Lott – Corporate Law, Mobile
- Linda Edell Howard – Entertainment Law – Music, Nashville
- Ray Cornelius - Securitization and Structured Finance Law, New Orleans
- Charlie Gay – Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, New Orleans
- Paige Sensenbrenner – Government Relations, New Orleans
- Tom Dart – Litigation Real Estate, Sarasota
A total of 121 Adams and Reese attorneys were named to the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, all selected and voted on by their peers and the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which almost 50,000 leading attorneys cast nearly five million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor.
Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”