Relationships are at the core of how I advocate for my clients. I draw upon my extensive legislative experience and network in pursuit of my clients’ goals and help them navigate the political landscape.
Ashley Harbin advises clients with interests impacted by Tennessee state and local governments. Combining her legal background with almost a decade of legislative experience, Ashley is adept at identifying issues and solutions for clients with complex or politically-charged concerns.
Ashley represents clients in a multitude of governmental relations interests, including lobbying before the Tennessee General Assembly. She assists clients with identifying and setting priorities for their legislative agendas, drafting proposed legislation, and advocating for her clients within state agencies and the legislature. Ashley has experience across a variety of industries and associations, including education, financial, automotive and transportation.
Prior to joining Adams and Reese, Ashley served as Policy Advisor and Legal Counsel to current Tennessee Senate Majority Leader Jack Johnson where she was responsible for crafting policy, drafting legislation, and advising the majority leader on policy positions and legal issues. In addition to her work with the Tennessee General Assembly, Ashley built upon her experience in politics while working for the Tennessee Republican Party as Director of Finance.
- Charleston School of Law, J.D., 2015
- University of Tennessee, B.A., 2012
Areas of Practice
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- University of Tennessee College of Communications Alumni Advisory Council
- RePublic Schools, Board Member
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center Board of Directors, Board Intern (2022-2023)
- Nashville Young Leaders Council (2022)
- Tennessee Trucking Association Young Professional Council
- Junior League of Nashville
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Lobbyists Association