In negotiation, I identify the needs of each player clearly and quickly, conceive a proposal that optimally meets all their key requirements and then use my persuasive skills to “sell” it. This tactic also comes in handy for running a large organization — like a law firm.
For more than three decades, Chuck Adams represented clients in business and corporate law matters and commercial transactions. He guided creditors, those buying assets from entities, individuals in bankruptcy and businesses that were acquiring and operating substantial company assets.
A former managing partner, Chuck was instrumental in the regional growth of the firm. He was directly involved in every phase of development, including identifying, approaching, recruiting, negotiating, closing and integrating offices. Chuck helped the firm expand into Birmingham in 2002, Nashville in 2005, Memphis in 2006, Florida in 2009 and South Carolina in 2013.
In his firm leader role, Chuck was responsible for the day-to-day management of firm operations. He had a talent for recognizing clients’ burgeoning needs and then helping Adams and Reese attorneys meet them.
Chuck is a long-time member of the Commercial Disputes Panel of the American Arbitration Association and frequently serves on commercial arbitration engagements.
“ My highest professional achievement was being entrusted by my partners with the responsibility for their business as managing partner of our firm. ”
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1974
- Georgetown University, B.S. / B.A., 1971
- Mississippi Bar
Areas of Practice
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Driving Forces, New Orleans CityBusiness, 2015
- Best Lawyers®, Corporate Law, Litigation - Securities, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Business/Corporate 2006-2014
- Leadership in Law, Mississippi Business Journal, 2010
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year - Litigation - Securities, 2013
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year - Litigation - Securities, 2018
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Mississippi Bar Association, Fee Dispute Resolution Committee
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Catholic Foundation of the Diocese of Jackson, Board of Directors, Executive Committee; Former President and Board Chair