I keep my client’s goals in mind every step of the way to understand the outcome they want to achieve. I am problem-solver who takes a practical, strategic and efficient approach to litigation, and I am always focused on the endgame. I love the courtroom, but I understand sometimes a negotiated compromise may best serve my client’s interests. I use my abilities and reputation as a trial lawyer to resolve a case prior to litigation – or take it to verdict.
Liz Roussel is ranked Band 4 in Labor and Employment Law in Louisiana by Chambers USA.
Recognized by Best Lawyers® on multiple occasions, Liz Roussel focuses her practice on advising employers and managers of businesses and defending their interests in litigation. Over the years, Liz has represented a wide variety of clients including energy and oil and gas companies, healthcare organizations, financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies, retailers, public entities, nonprofits, state agencies, private universities, charter schools, start-ups and technology companies.
Liz regularly defends clients in jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations. Her litigation experience includes representing employers in wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment and retaliation suits; defending directors and officers in mismanagement, consumer protection, fraud, breach of contract and unfair trade practice suits; and counseling companies in commercial disputes, enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements and derivative suits. Liz also advises employers on compliance with federal and state law and directors and officers of private and non-profit companies on corporate governance matters.
Clients say they appreciate Liz’s dedication, work ethic and experience as an accomplished oral advocate, skilled negotiator and talented legal writer. Each of these qualities enables her to be an effective communicator with her clients, litigation adversaries, judges and juries.
“ I define success as a lawyer as understanding my client’s goals and achieving them. ”
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2002
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1998
Areas of Practice
- LawDragon 500 Leading Litigators in America, 2023, 2024
- Chambers USA - Recognized Practitioner in Labor & Employment: Louisiana, 2022-2023
- Phi Beta Kappa - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Order of the Coif – Tulane University Law School
- Children's Bureau of New Orleans
- Women of the Year - New Orleans CityBusiness 2011
- Best Lawyers® - Employment Law – Management, Labor Law - Management, Commercial Litigation
- Leadership In Law Honoree, 2016 - New Orleans CityBusiness
- Louisiana Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Employee Litigation: Defense 2014-2019
- Employment for the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Section Vice Chair
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- ABA/EEOC Liaison Committee
- New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute, Class of 2013-2014
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel